Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
for my fellow constant tinkerers

Posted by rodnebridges 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 14:12

i don't know if this an old psychological trick or not, but when I have the urge to mess with my plants when it would be detrimental to do so I have myself a spray bottle. Just a few spritzes on the leaves with plain water and I feel like I've done something ! I don't think it hurts anything anyway....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: for my fellow constant tinkerers

Good idea. Maybe a spritz or two on ones self too.

o

Hahahahahahaha

o

Depends on how often you are spritzing, I suppose. Too much love is the leading cause of plant death, though. If I need to do something, anything, I will check whether they need water, maybe rotate the pots around so nothing starts leaning too much in one direction, or just look at the green and cheer them on "go go go!"

o

....queue up the post about fungus gnats. ;-)

o

I just grow other things that can be grown early in the season. In another 4 weeks or so I will be planting tons of radish seeds for a very quik spring crop. In zone 5b these radish can be planted in march! So I will wait for mid march. Last year I planted them mid march and had a great harvest of radish one month afer planting them! By then I still have to wait a whole month for pepper growing time!

This post was edited by TheMasterGardener1 on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 22:41

o

Get a greenhouse (or hoop house / row cover, etc.) & increase your growing season. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here