Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Datil pepper

Posted by zackey GA 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 15:11

We bought a Datil pepper plant. Can the leaves burn your skin if you touch them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Datil pepper

No, absolutely not.
Datil is an excellent pepper - grew it the past two years.

Josh

o

Thanks!

o

The pods can't hurt you either - until you cut them open.

o

That's good to know. I will still be steering clear of the whole thing. It is hubby's plant. I got burned once by a habanero and I was in alot of pain for over 8 hours on my face. I just wanted to know what he should expect. Thanks!

o

OW! Habs are be hot. So why apply to face?

... joking! joking! >:)

How are you about spicy food? ... as in applied to tongue?

Dennis

Here is a link that might be useful: Datil data

o

Has anyone tried the sweet datil yet? I got some seeds for them this year to try and I'm a bit curious what to expect... Based on your link, it looks like they should be interesting, but if anyone has more specific information or tasting notes, it would be much appreciated...

o

I grew those T-Fortune. They look like a small Habanero and (to me) have the taste of a smoky Hab with no burn at all. It smells hot and looks hot (it really tricks the mind into thinking its hot) but it is not. Its a good burst of flavor at the first bite. Hardy and easy to grow.

Grow it if you have seeds.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Datil

o

Thanks! I've got two seedlings growing now that I started in January, so hopefully they'll turn out to be really good....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here