Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of questions

Posted by capt_saicin (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 15:46

Hey Hot Pepper Masters...

I have a few questions I have been wondering about regarding Bhut Jolokias, note all my plants are in 5 gal. or larger gallon buckets-

1- Do ants pollenate?
I know thay can assist aphids but in the abscence of aphids I see them in my pepper flowers. Are they helping or hurting?

2- I'm afraid to ask this but, some of my plants have what I would describe as "bonsai" looking leaves. They are very green but look shrunken and both curl and bend DOWNWARD. Despite no photos, What is/maybe the cause of this?

3- Lastly, Any benefit in rotating the pots to "even out" the sun exposure?

Thanks in advance... the Capt.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of questions

1.Yes they are pollinaters see this link http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cornucop/msg0715160010132.html . 2. I associate leaf curl with too much water or not enough nutrients read what smoke has on this link he is the man http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0518572413056.html . As for number 3 rotaing the pots will allow the plant to grow more evenly. I notice when I do not rotate my pots they are much thicker on the side that receives the most sun

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here