Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picture Thread - part Deux

Posted by habjolokia 7 (zellmarkj@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 17:37

I enjoyed the pic post but it has reached it's limit of 150 posts. here is the original post by Bill_Missy

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0108473913384.html?150

Updated Ghost, Ghost with Stingers, and White Habs

Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Original thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picture Thread - part Deux

Looks like little yogurt containers. Very smart!
I will have a few pics to post later this week if all goes well. :)

o

Thanks Mark. I too was enjoying this thread. Glad to see someone started a sequel. Here's a pic of some ghost peppers from last year.

Tim

o

@jifjifjif yeah saved those Gerber yogurt cups when my daughter was eating them saved about 50+ cups they work great washed then poked holes for drainage and write on them what pepper seed was planted. Looking forward to your upcoming pics.

@Tim yeah it's great to see all these pics I am hoping to see more non traditional peppers and the pods. Those Ghost are mean looking! Tasty in a sauce!

Mark

o

Thanks Mark for the sequel. I really am enjoying this thread, pictures and info.

Bill

o

So I mentioned my overwintered Naga plant in the last picture thread... and here she is sitting out on my patio... Not a great photo, too many other plants in the background.
Temps will drop below 40 tonight, so I will bring her inside and see if I can take a better photo.
I had cut her down to the first fork and was worried that I had killed her... but she has not only put on new growth, but a few flowers as well (I doubt any of them will turn into peppers just yet).

Photobucket

o

Caribbean Reds... My baby nephew got a hold of my drying habanero seeds and dumped a ... "few" in my cups...

I can't bring myself to pull them up though, so I will probably let them get a little bigger too hah.

o

I'm growing these peppers now. The ones in the larger pots will go in my garden, while most of the rest will be sold or donated.
I believe my homemade potting mixes have made a great difference. I made my own seed starting mix (using Cornell's soilless mix) and transplanted them to a 4-1-1(pine fines, perlite, and peat) potting mix.

o

Bill_Missy said: "So, if anyone is interested post pictures of your Pods/Mature plants for everyone to gaze at. Please name type/variety etc"

Well Bill, I believe this is a Picante Calabrese lol.

Photobucket

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 13:41

habajolokia: The yougurt cup idea is really good. They are a good size and I like how they are not tapered much if at all.
Bruce

o

Okay, I'll play your silly game. Chinese Brown Marmorated Stink Bug.....Pure evil!

Tim

o

Rick... "I believe this is a Picante Calabrese"

You should have said "I believe this was a Picante Calabrese" LOL

Hornworms are evil!

o

Tim (he who was a peppernovice),

That's a classic picture of what Bhut/Bih (Ghost) peppers look like. Very nice Sir.

o

Thank you sir for the kind words, I'm still claiming the title of "novice". This is only my second year, and I have so much to learn. Just glad you guys don't mind teaching every now and then!

Tim

o

Peppadew flower, is nice to see something other than the common plain white flower.

Mark

o

The hornworms really like the Pepperoncini in my garden....

o

Habanero seeds I planted 02/04/2013

Out of fresh (if you want to call them that) habaneros from a local grocery store. Had to go buy a better light faster than I wanted to because of how quickly these little guys came up and grew.

This post was edited by ab2008 on Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 0:44

o

And my new growlight I purchased today for use as my seeds come up. Will get two more in a week or two most likely.

o

Naga Morich : So hot they sweat :) lol j/k taken last season after a rain storm.

photo DSCF2322.jpg

This post was edited by Rustacator on Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 20:59

o

Great pics, they inspired me to share some of my own!

photo P1030066_zpsdd5f5765.jpg

photo P1030059_zps89faa874.jpg

o

Hoping these nagas turn red soon so i can harvest and get the flowers coming again.

o

Its starting to grow more leaves.

o

• Posted by teyo 8a (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 13:47

here are mine, not all of them though, some bigger ones i had to move to the window shelf because there was no more room under the light... there is also a caesalpinia pulcherrima seedling in there, and a sungold tomato. there should be a tiny just sprouted eucalyptus too. time to dig in the garage and hope there is another light fixture somewhere in there haha. and another one and another one. it never ends.

interesting detail, i don't water them from above any more (it's easier to just pour into the plastic plates they're in than aim for the tiny cups without floating the seedlings) i pushed wicks through the bottom of the cups, and interestingly enough they soak up water really quick. i was under the impression that such a gritty mix would have trouble wicking, but what do you know, nice surprise.

o

teyo,

how hard is it to get the plants out of the cups and into bigger pots?

what all are you growing?

o

Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 11:40

i haven't transplanted peppers in this mix yet, but i've done some other stuff like hibiscus, brugmansias, orchids, succulents and a ton of adeniums. i just hold the plant gently by the stem and tap the pot lightly onto a plate or something to get the mix to come out. then i just shake the plant a little bit and that's it, the mix just falls off and you have nice almost-bare roots. if i don't want to bare root then i don't shake the plant in the end, rather just scoop the whole rootball and put in new pot. for peppers i think i am going to cut these cups open with scissors, because i expect roots will grow into the wick that goes through the bottom and trying to pull it out will damage those roots.
about what i'm growing, there is an incomplete grow list on the other thread with growlists, but most of it is there, so i don't repeat it here.

o

photo DSC06976_zpsd3f2a5f2.jpg

o

10 varieties under fluorescents.

This post was edited by jifjifjif on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 22:01

o

those are plain old fluorescent lights. Probably T12.

CFLs are smaller and fit in a standard light socket (they have the ballast built into the bulb's base) .

o

Yep, typo. T12 daylight fluorescents.

o

31 days not too bad, under T12 lights between 12-14 hours. Same seedling in the above post. Started seeds on Jan 12th

o

Dang, lookin' good!

Josh

o

First year growing bhuts, third year habs. Loved the chocolate!!!

o

This year I decided to try a 300w CFL for my grow light. currenlty I have 7 seedlings under it.so far. I do have to rotate them daily or they lean towards the light.
I planted them all at once... oddly enough the Aji Lemon was first to pop, but has since been passed in size by a few. The jamaican hot chocolate has finally shown up (several weeks later than everyone else). I had a cell with some Douglah 7 pot seeds that never produced :(

1st half

Photobucket

2nd half
Photobucket

A pic with grow light... just before translplanting the Jamaican hot chocolate.
Photobucket

o

Hill and Scotty, great pics.
I haven't been able to germinate any Douglah seed, either.

Josh

o

I had some dried peppers that I had saved but not really put to use yet. My Wife got me a coffee grinder for my birthday for the sole purpose to use with peppers. Here are the results.

Bag 1 has Bhut, 7pot, Trinidad Scorpion, and Douglah.

Bag 2 and 3 has Chocolate Habanero, yellow Fatalii, Cayanne, Peppadew, and Jalapeno.

Mark

o

Mark,

Would you say you prefer a powder over flakes? I've been trying to decide whether or not to get a coffee grinder or not but that looks so good! lol

Amos

o

Firey red! What you going to put it on? Everything? :-)

o

ab2008, I do like flakes on pizza, but find more uses for powder.

tsheets just put it on melted turkey bacon n cheeae sandwich :-)

I will put it on all my sandwiches, soup, and Asian style foods. As well as anything else I can throw it on.

Mark

o

Im doing a timelapse, hopefully i can keep the cam in place...

o

@Mark - was it melted *before* you put the powder on?? ;-) ;-)

This post was edited by tsheets on Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 20:23

o

LOL yeah the powder defentnetnaly melts the sandwich. I am sad as I forgot to take my powder to work, wanted to have it with my lunch ah well, will have to wait until tomorrow.

Mark

o

Wild spiked aji lemon I picked yesterday.

photo DSC07100_zps256045f5.jpg

o

romy6

are other peppers on that plant showing the same "Spikey" characteristics ?

o

Jaime, that's awesome! Looks like a Sea Horse kinda...
And if it's hot, maybe a Sea Dragon ;-)

Josh

o

Was it growing near the Springfield nuke plant?

o

Jamie awesome looking pod, do you think it has Bhut traces? A lot of my Ghost are spikey though not as pronounced as that one has. Unless it a developmental oddity. Are any of the others like this one?

Mark

o

Tangerine Bell

photo tang7.jpg

o

Willard, it's great to see you.
Tangerine Bell, eh? Is this a personal creation?
Do tell!

Josh

o

Here's a quick snap of my garden. 3 Cayene (Top 3 )
2 Hungarian yellow wax (Middle right, lower middle left)
I have peas in the solo cup, Purple Amethyst Beans in the bottom right and 2 varieties of carrots.

Plus I have a few tomatoe plants in my little germination dome, some more peas, cherry tomatoes, Trinidad Scorpion and Yellow Fatalii (sp?)

I can already see the spots where the pods will form on the largest Cayenne. I think it needs to be transplanted already it's in a 3 Gal pot. I might move it into one of the buckets that Im using as a stand.

o

That aji lemon pod is from a plant I have had for several years. First time I have ever seen spikes on a pod. I was told by a wise chilihead it could be from Stink bugs attacking the pod at an early age. It was not hotter than any other pod I have had from it. Plus winter pods are much milder as we already know:)

o

I have had Lemon Drops with bumps that feel sharp to the touch before. Very similar to what you have, Jamie, but, not nearly as pronounced.

o

The ones I repotted to bigger pots, wow what a difference it made. I just repotted the rest today.

Mark

o

Those are some nice looking plants Mark. When did you plant them? I planted at the end of January. You seem to be a little ahead of me.

Tim

o

Thanks Tim they are the same plants as the ones at the top of this thread seeds started Jan 12. Though I am waiting on seeds to sprout from my later plantings of Black pearl and Lemon drop. I do see a Black pearl peeking out but not enough to put under lights. Hope to see more before I place under lights.

Mark

o

Really like how these are turning out.

o

LocoGuy those are looking real good. How is the time lapse going?

Mark

o

Something happened and the camera turned off. Here is what I have so far. Had it running for about 10 days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jVTpUV9QZk&feature=youtu.be

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jVTpUV9QZk&feature=youtu.be

o

Black cluster

photo IMG_0934a.jpg

o

These photos were taken last summer with my old camera. Hoping to get some higher quality pics this year.

Row of Jaloros

Row of Jaloros photo RowofJaloros.jpg

Patio Red Marconi

Patio Red Marconi 8-24-12 photo PatioRedMarconi8-24-12.jpg

Trinidad Seasoning

Trinidad Seasoning photo TrinidadPerfume_zps5f878ac7.jpg

Sorry this pic is blurry, but just wanted to show the cool pleating on the Rain Forest pods, a nice all purpose medium heat pepper.

Rain Forest photo RainForest-2.jpg

Chocolate Habaneros

Choc. Hab. (Long Pod?) vs. Choc. Hab (reg.) photo ChocHabLongPodvsChocHab.jpg

One of my favorites last year, Aji Chinchi Amarillo

Aji Chinchi Amarillo photo AjiChinchiAmarillos.jpg

... and for the grand finale

Bowl Shot 10-2-12 photo BowlShot10-2-12.jpg

Can't wait for this seasons first ripe pod pics!!!

o

Awesome pics!

I hope to have a similar yield from these little fellas.

o

Not white bhut

photo IMG_4493_zps2e38b55e.jpg

Jonah flower

photo IMG_4455_zps2848a8ef.jpg

Not Douglas

photo IMG_4457_zps5f76ec90.jpg

Choc bhut x yellow 7 f3

photo IMG_4448_zps4b7e7077.jpg

o

Fascinating pods, Jaime!
Thanks again for the Douglah seed!

Josh

o

Jamie why the Not White Bhut and Not Douglah. Were they labeled as such and did not turn out to be as advertised? The not Douglah looks like a cross with a scorpion. Cool looking pods though. You are always growing the weird odd ones lol.

Mark

o

Exactly Mark. They were labeled as such but got crossed somewhere down the road. I agree the not douglah is a cross with some type of scorp. It is hot but not wicked hot.

o

Hello all,

Well I put out about half of my babies outside today for about 20 minutes per tray. Put in the shade, very very mild breeze and about 69-70 degrees.

Tray 1

o

Tray 2

o

Hi Bill,

Very nice, can't wait until I can put mine outside. In tray 1 pic above the three on the right what variety are those? The leaves are very dark green.

Mark

o

Mark,

Thanks. The three on the left are Red Bhut's. The three on the right are top to bottom:
Red Savina
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Yellow Fatali

Bill

o

Bill, they look great! When did you start those? I planted seed on 2/7. Mine look sickly compared to yours. Don't know what i am doing wrong. :)

o

• Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 1:13

Front row... couple of T.Scorpions on the left (thanks to Mark-habjolokia for the seeds) 2 fatalis on the right. photo IMG_7821_zps2d3b15d4.jpg

o

Chilaca/chile negro

photo chilaca2-1.jpg

o

JifJif,

Tray 1 was planted mostly on 12 January. Tray 2 was planted 25 Jan.

Bill

o

Thanks, Bill.

o

Seedlings started from seeds from generous GW members. Thanks for all the trades!

o

I can't see your pics, hill. Maybe its just my phones fault though.

o

Naw jif, there's nothing in hillseekers post.

o

First time posting from my phone and it's a royal POS that won't properly upload. Anyway, here is the pic of all of GW member's beautiful seeds I was sent. Cannot wait. 1-2 feet of fresh snow and still coming down but all I can think of is GREENHOUSE!!!!

o

HillSeeker, very nice looking starts!

I can see a few chinense and from what I can tell, a few annuum in the mix. What do you have going there? They look great.

Nice start.

o

I thought I would take a couple updated photos. The photos are just before I gave them a drink for the first time in 3 days. These are super-hots, hots and some milds.

Thanks for all the help and great advice to get a first year grower to this stage!!!!

Bill

o

teeny tiny cup? scotch bonnet says: "Challenge accepted!!!"

and these 4 too :D not transplanted since they sprouted, they are in a shallow 200g cottage cheese container.
i am intentionally keeping these root bound for a nother week or so, sh*tty weather coming this weekend, snow and other yuck... they don't seem to mind.

o

Holy crap, @teyo, that's quite impressive. What kind of lighting are you using for them?

@Bill_Missy, your plants are looking wonderful, too. Nice deep green leaves on 'em.

Here's the last shot of mine. Right after I watered most of them for the first time in 7 days. I let them dry out until the leaves get a tad droopy, they seem to respond well to it.

o

Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 10:32

cjohansen, they were under a very cheap fluo fixture until they developed about 3 pairs of true leaves, now they are on a shelf by the window. i have many other stuff sprouting so they were "pushed out" from under the light. they don't seem to mind much though. i hope next week (after this cold snap) i will be able to put up a teeny tiny greenhouse outside, then i'll transplant them and they will have decent light.

o

teyo, you're lucky. We haven't had sun at all the past 4 or 5 days. I've had some of my seedlings on the windowsill when there's been sun, and they clearly appreciate it.

I sowed some tomatoes yesterday, hopefully we'll have some sun for when they sprout, so I can put them under light while some of the chillies are on the windowsill. Who knew growing stuff involved this much work, eh? :)

Christian

o

First day of full sun for about half of my children. They are 4-12 weeks old. They where kicked outside to play in a light breeze and 75 degree temps for about 20 minutes. This is the 5th day they have gone out to play, but first day of sun.

Bill

o

Close up. This tray is all super-hots

o

Tray 2. Some super-hots but mostly NwMex Twilight, Jalapenos, Cayanne, Paparika, Pepperchini's. Most of the taller ones have between 2-8 flower buds on them.

This post was edited by Bill_Missy on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 19:15

o

My seedlings are still quite small compared to some of your recent pictures. When did you guys start them? My 7 pots are really small still. Is that normal? I know my lighting source is crap but it has to make do. Trying my best to supplement with real sunlight.

I'm glad they are small as we've just received a good 2-3 feet of snow in the last two weeks. It's going to take a bit to melt as we had a decent amount already. I've procrastinated started my tomatoes and now unsure if I should wait another week. I'm thinking tomorrow is best though.

o

Hillseeker those are a nice size, and they are slower growing by nature for being super hots. I like mine to be compact so I keep the light close, those they may have taller plants you will see more space between the leaves as they reach for light. Those that keep the light close the plants are more compact and for indoor limited space it's a good thing. Once they finally get outdoors they will explode with growth.

I started these Jan 12th the same as the ones pictured at the top of this thread. They are Bhut, Stinging Bhut, White Habanero.

Mark

o

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mark. My lights are not adjustable right now either so I know they are reaching for light, especially since it's crappy to begin with. Not much thought went into starting this many seedlings while overwintering large plants as well. Next year I have a new plan though! Your plants look really healthy. I bought a white hab from a greenhouse a few years back and it turned out to be some strange cross that was not very tasty. Hotter than heck though. Curious to see what you think.

o

My plants are under T12 1 Grolux plant bulb and 1 cool white both 40 W bulbs. One thing I noticed even though I have heard the grow lights are just so the price is jacked up a bit and no different that a regular bulb my seedlings beg to differ, if I put them under the side of the normal bulb instead of the middle or over the grow bulb they reach for the GroLux bulb. I take that not as a matter of opinion but matter of fact from the plants. Anyone else have an opinion or is my other bulb just plain wrong?

I got my white Hab seeds from another forum member and I will update on what I think of them.

Mark

o

I think for next growing season, I will purchase a 48" shop light with four grolux bulbs. This year's 24" shop light didnt cut it.

o
RE: Picture 6

Lizard on my 7 pot yellow plant bowing up to me:)

photo photo_zps98a8a600.jpg

Small harvest of yellow scoprs, choc habs, tiny 7 pot browns and some nagas, and inmature barrackpores

photo photo_zpsfa3e2aa5.jpg

o

Jamie nice pepper trees, guess a lizard is a good friend to have around. I can't wait until I am finally at the pod stage stage. Nice looking collection bet you are waiting for those summer pods.

Here is an update of my plants, top three from left to right Ghost, Stinging Ghost, White Hab. Bottom two White Hab, Ghost. Not pictured my tiny Black Pearl.

One of my white habs had flower buds forming.

Mark

o

Habaneroes are starting to bud up!

o

Nice, well underway to a good season. My Habs are doing the same, I planted seeds on Jan 12th is that around the time you planted too?

Mark

o

Here is a picture of my over wintered Tabasco I grew from seed last year. I have done absolutely nothing to this plant since the end of last year. It has stayed outside all fall/winter with a watering about twice a month. It is in VERY dense soil as I did not know what I was doing last year (This year either, but reading more :) ). It seen some good freezes and hard frost and it is alive… Maybe I will throw it some ferts today.

Bill

o

Sorry, had to post this one also Ginger, the dog wanted her picture taken. The plant is pushing 4 feet tall.

Bill

o

Mark,

Those habaneros I started on Feb. 4th

o

Your plants look amazing, Mark!

And if ya'll haven't watched Jaime's update videos, you should. He has tons of mature pepper plants, some leafing out, some recovering, some fruiting already.

Here are my overwintered plants...Black Pearl and Manzano. They sure handled the Winter well.

o

Ab2008 wow nice job for starting in feb, looking good and in good shape for the outdoors soon.

Thanks Josh. Those are nice looking over winters, it's a good feeling to get a jump on the season. I tried once they made it through the winter just to die in the spring. Though I did not trim the roots or repot or harden off. I may give it a go after this season.

Waited a bit long before repotting these two today.

Mark

o

Yep, that's root-bound ;-)

Josh

o

Mark,

I have looked at some of my plants and they are like yours, root bound. Do you do anything to them before transplanting? i.e. cut the ball a little, pull the roots ways, Squeeze the root ball, etc?

Bill

o

Hi Bill, after repotting last season into a clear plastic cup and being able to look at the roots as they grow, I see no need to put them in shock any more than necessary to repot. I know some say to cut or pull the bottom to assist the roots. I don't and see no ill effect.

Here is the other one from a distance so you can see the plant to pot/root ball size as you can see I waited a bit longer than I should have. The leaves are slightly yellower than the ones repotted weeks ago. But they will bounce back in a few days.

Mark

o

That hornworm eating the pepper is hilarious... but that would have been one dead caterpillar if I had caught it in the act.
Have you used bacillus thuringiensis to kill off caterpillars before? That should take care of the problem...

o

Those roots are insane, Mark!! The plant doesn't look like it's at all unhappy about it, either.

o

Thanks tsheets, yeah they did not complain too much, except slight yellowing needed more room and more ferts. They are doing fine after the repot. My white habanero seems to think its time to put out flower buds lol.

Mark

o

Here is the full size of the white Hab it's shooting lower branches which is interesting. Anyone experience this also with Habs? My ghost are just as tall but no lower branches or buds.

Mark

o

Here Is The View From My Chair On My Screened Porch. 75F At 9:30Am.

Everyone Is Happy.

o

Jifjifjif looking good, is the one in the big pot an over winter or a super fast grower? I see the grill is ready for some pods to be roasted. The weather looks so warm in FL I need some of that up in MD. It's warming up but not enough for me to place outside.

Mark

o

Hey, Hab.

The Biggest One Is A Dorset Naga That I Planted Last February. It Gave Me 22 Pods A Few Months Ago.

o
RE: Picture Thread add on

Yellow scorp

photo IMG_4558_zps3e3bce9c.jpg

Jonah pod ( seeds Ottawapepper via peppernovice)

photo IMG_4560_zps098cfc68.jpg

7pot yellow x choc bhut f3

photo IMG_4562_zpsfb125cab.jpg

viper x purple bhut

photo IMG_4548_zps2c7d69e7.jpg

Mother nature at it's finest on Jonah 7 plant

photo IMG_4569_zps8f5fd570.jpg

o

Mark,

My orange habaneros have lots of growth on the lower parts of the plants as well. My other variety of habaneros don't just yet. The one or two habs I have in hydroponics looks like a jungle at the bottom lol. I'll upload a pic here in a few.

o

2013-04-10_19-16-02_913 photo photobucket-25860-1365637589701.jpg
2013-04-10_19-15-55_649 photo photobucket-31807-1365637550427.jpg
2013-04-10_19-16-27_710 photo photobucket-38630-1365637685357.jpg

Hydroponic Habanero up top, and on the bottom here, is what the rest of mine look like:

2013-04-10_19-24-51_953 photo photobucket-32838-1365637836592.jpg

o

Got the spot where I'm going to plant my peppers tilled and worked up, it's 12'x32' ish, used to be the area where we put bails of hay for cattle, so lots of manure and hay that's decomposed over a few years.. Should do extremely well here.. the dirt is extremely dark and not much has really ever been planted here... Don't mind how hazy it is, some of the woods are on fire back in the forest where I live. Been like this a couple of days now. But on the bright side, today was the peppers first full day outside. Next week they'll finally be planted in the garden.

2013-04-10_19-06-44_531 photo photobucket-20386-1365637514387.jpg

This post was edited by ab2008 on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 21:08

o

That looks awesome, ab! I'm jealous of that space...and view!

o

All of my plants in their final habitat. Here's to a great yield for all!

o

some of you may remember my experiment with 4 scotch bonnets in a teeny tiny cottage cheese cup (200g cheese).
well, i took pity on them yesterday and repotted them to a more decent size pot. the biggest one started to put out buds.
this is what they looked like before repotting

and this is after

i fully expect them to keep their growth rate and reach at least 10 meters tall in this pot :))

o
Everyone's peppers are looking so green and healthy!

My peppers were smaller and lighter green than most of the pictures I've seen here. For anyone who wants to comment, what kind of fertilizer have you been using during the indoor stage?

o

Hi Kalie, it all depends on what you use for soil. For me just MG Orchid mix and MG Organic choice which contains 3mo of fertilizer. Others who use say a 5-1-1 mix or another brand of soil without fertilizer would then need to add ferts. After the initial 3 months I go with Alaska fish fert NPK 5-1-1 also will use MG liquid feed NPK 12-4-8. Others on the forum have favored dyna-grow foliage pro NPK 9-3-6

Here is a pic of my current plants no additional ferts as of yet just what's in the soil with added bone meal for future use.

o
my baby

I have 4 Naga Viper plants and here is the biggest. Theyre taking some time to grow but, as I posted in another thread but got no response, whats to hate about these peppers? Everyone says theyre over rated?
I hope not as I have 4 of these and many other super hots.

o

@teyo I don't know what you're doing, but it sure seems to be working :) Are you still growing three in that pot? I'm trying a 3-in-1 trick with some tomatoes. Growing three plants in one container. As they grow, I fill in dirt, pushing the stems to the edge. The idea is to end up with one hell of a root ball and three really sturdy branches, resulting in one heavy producer of a tomato bush :)

o

Pepperguy222.....I think the over rating refers to the level of heat. They were touted as the world's hottest for a very brief period. It seems they were very inconsistent. This was explained in another thread.( I think by Mark) I've never grown them, so I can't comment on taste. Why don't you give us a review when you harvest some pods? There are plenty of people here who love growing peppers for the flavor. It's not always about melting your gums. Good Luck.

Tim

o

Plants are really going off right now. Flower and buds every where

aji lemon

photo IMG_4590_zps40c19802.jpg

7 pod Brrackpore

photo IMG_4587_zps3071d838.jpg
Not white Bhut

photo IMG_4586_zpsa6932067.jpg

Aji lemon close up

photo IMG_4595_zps979f91d7.jpg

Not douglah hybrid

photo IMG_4599_zpsa783863e.jpg

Bhut With A Bite :)

photo evilpepper_zpsff60dd64.png

o

Here is my Dorset Naga planted 2/1/12

This post was edited by jifjifjif on Fri, May 17, 13 at 15:51

o

Awesome looking Dorset naga, nice overwinter. Here is my, I think filius blue still waiting on confirmation

Mark

This post was edited by habjolokia on Fri, May 17, 13 at 16:39

o

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. This is by far my favorite part of the site, I might ramble on a bit about my Black Pearl Peppers, But I started growing them a couple years ago and I am just very proud of them and the way they look. I had my first plant that I kept inside during the winter and it died last year at 3 years old, wish I had pics to post of it. I do however have pics of my new plants this one was taken last week.

o

Sorry, I double posted.

This post was edited by Hiddenleafgrower on Sun, May 19, 13 at 3:19

o

Couple Pics After watering when I got home from work.

This is a mystery plant that was supposed to be a Bhut last year but clearly was not. Possibly a Twilight, Bolivian rainbow or some type of Cross who knows :) Overwintered cut to stem in a 6 inch pot. Keeping it as an ornamental plant not looking for productivity but has tons of pods and is my healthiest plant.
 photo 20130601_195805_zps7d7760f4.jpg
Close up Same plant
 photo 20130601_195903_zpsb0c69797.jpg
TS Butch T, Bishops Crown, Bhut Jolokia, Red Savina. All had lots of leaf damage and loss from wind and cold a couple weeks ago. In 16 inch pots. Red Savina is flowering like crazy but wont set pods :(. All 4 have flower drop so far.
 photo 20130601_200157_zps58fe2b0a.jpg
I also have 9 plants in a in ground Garden at my In Laws house that gets much better sun. Last time I was there the scotch bonnet had one set baby pod and that was it so far for the 9 plants. All experienced same cold and wind problems :( But are coming back nicely.

o

started growing this a few months ago......

o

All grown up now.........

o

And producing pods

o

A couple of pods on my first attempt at over wintering a Jalapeno.
This is the third set of pods from the plant. Kept in a south facing window in my office at work. A coworker and I share them when ready to to eat.

o

My crossed pod that holds the seeds of a white bullet Hab X Bhut

o
RE: Picture Thread - part Deux.

White Bullet Hab powder

o

Here is my first little Bhut pepper. I am at least fairly certain that is what I had, I bought the peppers fresh at a farmer's market. They were bumpy, and pointed like the ones I have seen here, but from what I recall they ranged in color from red to brown. I am not sure which I grew the seeds from, so it will be interesting to see what comes out. I grew this little one inside, because I started it at an odd time of year. I will probably move it to a bigger pot, so I can move it outside come summer. Thanks for sharing all your photos and tips.

o

I have been test germinating for a while, one or two at a time. My hab is about the size of your bhut.

I like pictures two. I think you/we need to start the 3rd part. It takes too long to get to the bottom. PLUS some of the pictures have become irrelevant.

I look forward to posting my picture in the 3rd thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here