Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If the tooth fits...

Posted by cheezdoodle12 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 18:26

It's that time of year once again, and my cat has decided to sample some of the seedlings.. I just re-potted this one yesterday into a larger container and this morning found it like this...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If the tooth fits...

LOL...

My cat seems to crave my alliums. I hope I don't see him doing the same to my peppers.

My dog gets pissed when I pull HER foxtails and she chases anything that moves that might be beneficial(i.e., birds, lizards, etc.). I wish she'd finally find a way get the damn gophers. When she was a pup, she used to bury her bones right at the root of my young plants.

Reprimanding them for their antics is tough though.

Kevin

o

Ah, man, yeah cats are like that....
reminds me of an Aloe nobilis that bore perfect little fang marks on its leaves for years after I watched my sister's cat while she was out of town. Now I know better... ;-)

Curiosity killed the cat...and satisfaction brought him back

o

• Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 22:47

Personally,
I'd opt for kitty tacos... (yum) or:

Here is a link that might be useful: how to train a cat

o

"Bonsai Kitty" !?!

Surely I'll be horrified when I can finally stop laughing.

This post was edited by DMForcier on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 16:57

o

Josh, it looks like that cat is admiring your potting mix.

It stands to reason that a well-draining, well-aerated container soil should result in plants that taste better to cats, since more vigorous plants will form more essential oils ;o)

Alex

o

haha, I think you're right, Alex ;-)
I've had problems with that same cat treating my larger containers as a litter box...that crunchy mix probably feels great on the paws.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here