Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling Armageddon......

Posted by peppernovice 7 b (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 21:41

Dear sir,

I have heard you talk about your face melting bhut jolokia peppers for some time now. I received some of your seeds from ottawapepper. They are labeled bhut jolokia....armageddon 2011. I have made 2 attempts now to try and germinate some seeds. I have so far been unsuccessful. This is the only pepper seed I haven't been able to germinate. I typically soak them in warm water for about an hour, then place them into potting soil. I put them in a sealed container on top of my hydro farms heat mat. I have the digital thermostat set at 87 degrees.
As I said, this is the only seed(out of about 20 varieties) that I can't seem to germinate. Do you have any suggestions? I was really looking forward to sampling your "world famous" ghost peppers this year.

Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling Armageddon......

Wow Tim, sorry you're having trouble with seeds I forwarded.

It's getting late to start Bhuts. I just got back from floating on a boat in the Caribbean (life is tough), give me a day and I'll send some of my Bhut seed your way.

Bill

o

I appreciate the offer Bill. I still have some bhut seeds from last year. I have about 4 seedlings right now. I just wanted to grow out some of the seeds from Armageddon, because he talks about how hot his are. I just wanted to have a side by side comparison. I have plenty of seeds from my plants last year, so save your seeds for someone who doesn't have any. Thanks again for the offer though.

Tim

o

Welcome back to the "Cold North" Bill! How was the trip, where did you go? Did you go all inclusive? :)

I send you an email yesterday in regards to the Twilights.

Talk soon!

o

Tim, have you heard from Armageddon yet?

Dhelsdon, -insert explicative here- Canada Post. You have email.

o

No sir. I haven't heard from him. I just assumed he was busy. I have the bhut seedlings from my own seed stock. I just wanted to try his. I didn't know if it was environmental , or if his strain was just that much hotter. It's okay, I was just curious. Glad to hear you made it back from vacation safely. I hope you had a great time.

Tim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here