Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ab2008

Looking for super hots/information on trading

ab2008
11 years ago

Hi there. I am fairly new here, and new to growing my own hot peppers. I've lurked around for a while before finally deciding to try to contribute, and be a little more vocal and be a part of the community.

I was curious of the best way to come across more variety than my Bhuts that I currently have? I purchased most of my peppers from Tomato Growers and must say that I was pleased, but they didn't offer much hotter than the ghosts.

What's the best way to potentially trade on here to get some of the hotter strands? I don't have much of a variety at my disposal at the moment.. what is the best way to get a decent stockpile of seeds going so I can be a little more active with doing so?

Thanks for any feedback anyone may provide.

Comments (16)

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Variety I can offer

Chocolate Habanero
    Trinidad Scorpion
    Fatalii yellow
    7 pot cross

If you are interested let me know, shoot me an email.

Mark

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mark, thanks for the follow-up. I sent you an email.

• rdback
    11 years ago

Hello ab2008 and Welcome.

"...more variety..."
    "...hotter strands..."

Can you be a little more specific lol? There are 1000's of varieties out there. Are you looking for brutal heat? ...specific flavors (fruity, citrus, battery acid), ...certain colors, ...ornamental, ...etc, etc? If you can narrow it down a little, more folks might be able to help ya out. *smile*

Rick

• vermiman
    11 years ago

Tell me what you are looking for. I may be able to hook you up.

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry about not being a little more specific lol.

I would like to find specifically the douglah or perhaps the butch t, or any of the 7-pods for that matter. I would like it to be consistent though, so I've heard the douglah would be the best. The hottest I have at the moment are ghosts unfortunately. I have heard of the carolina reaper, but I don't know much about it.

I think the only specific type I could say I'm really looking for is chocolate habanero, and one of the ones listed above. Flavor profile I really enjoy fruity, citrusy types.

I'm not too terribly picky, but mostly looking to just expand a bit more I guess? Right now the only ones I have are Fatalii/Caribbean Red/Habanero Orange/Ghosts, and of course some cayenne/jalapenos.

I am open to suggestions though. And as far as getting more seeds to put back, should I just try to save as many of the seeds out of the harder to get varieties as I can once they come up and dry them and put them back? Thanks again. It seems every time I hear about one variety of super hots, another variety has sprung up :p

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

ab2008 did not receive an email please send to zellmarkj@yahoo.com

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

May have went to your spam box, will send another just in case, habjolokia.

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Got it and responded

Mark

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mark!

• vermiman
    11 years ago

ab2008,

If you still need some seeds send me an e-mail.

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Vermiman, thanks for the offer, however I don't believe I see your email when I click your name and go to your page.

• vermiman
    11 years ago

I have now added my e-mail

This post was edited by vermiman on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 23:20

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sent you an email vermiman, thank you by the way!

• rdback
    11 years ago

Hello again ab.

Like the other folks have said, if you still have room to grow a few more and need some seeds, send me an e-mail.

Rick

• ab2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rick, I sent you an email via the website here.

Thank you by the way.

Another thing is I'm blown away at how helpful the community is here. Thank you all very much, and let me know if I can be of help in any way as well. I do have some seeds, but just getting started my collection is fairly small at the moment.

• rdback
    11 years ago

Hi ab.

Got your e-mail and responded.

And yes, folks here on GW are good people (most of them anyway lol).

Rick

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner