Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper Updates

Posted by TechnoChimp none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 0:30

It's been a while since I posted, so here goes:

Here's the ghost. Seems to be much happier in the 2 gallon pot. I'm still waiting for branches to start. I've been thinking about calling him David Bowie.

Here's the other ghosts which are still waiting to be potted up:

This guy was looking a little sad:

So I went ahead and potted him up:

The new seedling are also coming along well. Thank you again ottawapepper!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper Updates

Nice job

o

I had to thin the herd, they were fighting each other for light. I've taken over 20 plants to work for other people. The cucumbers are really hogging all the nice property, so a lot of those ones have been given away. Pretty soon I'm going to start moving more to bigger pots, so I'll be grabbing some 400 watt cfls. I'm thinking two to start, then another two in a couple of weeks.

o

Ya I just re potted a bunch of my plants over the weekend. My regular veggie seedlings took over as well. My tomatoes are 2 to 3 times bigger than my peppers that were both started last month right now, and my cukes and melon seedlings have taken over my pepper seedlings that were started a coulple weeks ago. Can wait til I can move them all out so they have breathing room lol.
Good Luck
Rey

o

Nice plants techno. They look very happy!

o

Good Looking plants. When did you start them?

Tim

o

Good stuff! Looking forward to some harvest pics in a few months.

o

Peppernovice, I started the ghosts early January and the jalapeños late January. I've noticed they definitely grow completely differently. I've been waiting for the ghosts to finally branch, but instead the leaves just keep getting bigger. I think they're on their 13th or 14th set of leaves and still no branching.

As for the new seedlings, those were started just a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to stick with 4 of each variety of pepper.

When it comes time for harvest I'm going to be collecting as many seeds as I can to share next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here