Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gkyle840

ghost peppers have no pollen

gkyle840
13 years ago

have a question about my Bhut Jolokia peppers. I have acquired 2 mature plants about 2 months ago. one of them was flowering when i got it and the 2nd was flowering as well as had a couple peppers starting to form. in the two months that i have had them, they have both been flowering nonstop and the flowers just drop after they are open for a few days to a week. i have tried pollinating them numerous times and what i have noticed is there is no pollen in the flowers. i have tried rubbing them on black paper at different times of day and get absolutely no pollen the only factor that has been different from the greenhouse I got them from is the humidity level. they were in about 60% humidity and now they are in about 30%. here are my conditions... they are under a 600 watt hps light. the temp is right at 83 degrees. i fertilize them with Pure Blend Pro Bloom and occasionally use a little epsom salts. i also have started using superthrive in the water. i usually let the soil dry out pretty good before i water. let me know if any other info is needed.

Comments (3)

Sponsored