Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghost not getting enough sun, should I use a mirror?

Posted by Evowrex none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 2:02

So I just realised that my neighbours apple tree is stealing my ghosts sun. I have set up a mirror to give more sun to my ghost.
Is this a good idea?
If you want pics, just ask.
Discuss.
-Tom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghost not getting enough sun, should I use a mirror?

Too late to move it, or do a stealth cut on the tree? ;-)

o

What TomT asked; is it too late to move it? How long has it been it its current location?

o

A while ago. Around 2 months ago.. why?

o

Pics would be nice, not sure if the reflected sunlight will be enough unless you have a decent mirror. Also the light from the reflected mirror may be too concentrated/focused and burn the plant.

Mark

o

OK mark.
I will post pics tomorrow.
Cheers

o

Not sure if this is true but I feel that when the sun moves during the day that the reflection will change it's focus and I agree on the burning part.

o

No focus or burning issues with a *flat* mirror.

The sun does move so the length of time sunlight might be reflected onto the plant may be too short to be effective.

Here's an idea: Use a full-length mirror - one of those that's about a foot wide and 4' long - and set it sideways. Placed close to the plant you might be able to have it track long enough to do some good.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Dennis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here