Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thinking of buying a Tepin plant...

Posted by tlowery04 6b/7a (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 2:17

Does anyone know of a good source that is reasonable and reliable as to cultivar correctness? I would hate to buy a pair of plants and find out they are something totally different than what I wanted months down the line.

I promised a buddy of mine I would grow them for him this year if i could find the seed, but as of yet (I know I'm a bit impatient but the first batch was planted in mid January) nothing has sprouted out of the Tepin trays except some kind of clear/purple weed that got about an inch high then I accidentally snapped the top off when I moved it under the lights more out of curiosity than anything.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thinking of buying a Tepin plant...

Members pages are down right now.
Anything to trade?

Your plant could have been a Tepin.There is a purple one and also a lot of light can turn pepper plants purple-sunburn type thing.

o

I have had great luck with cross country nurseries. I will post a link.Lisa is awesome!

Here is a link that might be useful: cross country nursuries

o

Sorry Mike it doesn't look like i have anything you are looking for, I might have some cayenne crosses, just waiting to see. I know you do (entirely?) hot pepper container gardening and actually most of what i have grown came from you =P

I will check out cross country looks like min order is roughly 40$ for 6 plants though, I may have to swallow my pride... er a... wallet on this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: My 2011 Thread

o

You have mail.
I was just at the local nursery up the street.LOTS of Tepin plants came in Wed.

o

I spoke with Lisa and she said there is no minimum. I know it says something about a 12 plant minimum on her website but I ordered 1 choclate hab and a purple jalapeno last year without a problem.

o

I guess I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue. Lisa is at gardens to grow she has no minimum. Here is her link.Sorry about the confusion. Both places are nice but you are correct about the 12 minimum from cross country nursuries

Here is a link that might be useful: gardens2grow

o

Do you like Gladiator movies?
Don't call me shirely...

o

+1 on Garden2Grow. I ordered three plants last year and since they were on the small side due to a cooler than usual season, the owner sent me another free of charge. I gave one away, one was killed by a massive aphid infestation and the remaining two are overwintering right now. Great quality products!

o

I sent g2g an email

o

Hi, you guys, have you grown Wild Tepin? I have got few wild tepin seeds and I am germinating. If you have grown this variety please tell me something about it, such as flavor and the heat. I had some plants before it looked like thai bird's eye it yields fruits nonstop.

This post was edited by chilliwin on Fri, May 10, 13 at 18:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here