Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajijoe

a time of great losss for ajijoe

ajijoe
13 years ago

im not sure where to post this that it will be seen seeing this is the main forum i frequent

HELLO ALL ITS JOE STERNER MOST OF YOU KNOW ME AS "AJIJOE" ON THREE DIFFERENT GARDENING FORUMS OTHERS KNOW ME ON A MORE PERSONAL LEVEL

I wish this was a an email that was on a positive note

but its not

ATTN TO ALL WHO HAVE ORDERS WITH ME, THEY WILL BE DELAYED AT LEAST ANOTHER WEEK PLEASE BE PATIENCE WITH ME AS I AM UNABLE TO FUNCTION AND THERE JUST NO TIME FOR ME TO GET THEM DONE MY WIFE AND I ARE HELPING WITH ARRANGEMENTS AND CARING FOR THE CHILD LEFT BEHIND BY THIS SUDDEN TRAGEDY, BUT I PROMISE I WILL GET THEM OUT ASAP THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

my family and i lost my 21 year old niece Amanda Saturday to and unknown ailment,we will know more as of Monday, she had been complaining of migraine type headaches since she woke up Saturday morning, my sister was at work when she got the call from Amanda to come and take her to the hospital and had no way at that point so my mom and dad came over, my mom thought they where the headaches she always gets, so she laid down with a cold compress on her forehead, my mom told her that she would feed Shailynn then they would get her to the hospital, my mom came in a short while later and thought she was sleeping and thinking this was good let her go for awhile she came back in later to check on her and she was gone

my heart cannot express the pain i and my family feel at this loss and we ask for your prayers at this time for comfort,peace,strength and possibly EVEN an explanation as to why??

i was very close to her, i have no children of my own and she was that and more to me

she leaves behind a loving family and 2 year old Daughter SHAILYNN

AMANDA MARIE SHINER 8/18/89 TO 3/5/11

YES GONE BUT WILL NEVER NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

I LOVE YOU AMANDA AND I WILL CATCH UP TO YOU LATER

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL MY FRIENDS YOUR FRIEND JOE STERNER (AJIJOE)

Comments (30)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Sorry for your loss, Joe. Let me know if you need anything at all!

Sincerely - Steve

• kentishman
    13 years ago

Joe,

My heart goes out to you. I hope you find out what happened to Amanda and can find some peace.

Your friend, Tom

• romy6
    13 years ago

I will pray for ya'll. That is very sad and my heart goes out to you and your family.

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you and your
    family.

Linda

• shoontok
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear about this tragedy for your family. 21 years old and leaving behind a child. Im truly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, the child and the rest of your family.

Anything i can do, please let me know.

Jim

• simsedward
    13 years ago

Best wishes Joe. I am very sorry for your loss.
    ED

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks so much to all i will be back from time to time to reply and thank you more

your friend joe

• ihategazingballs
    13 years ago

It really hits home to hear this sad message from someone I have never met, but consider a friend. We may have to wait a long time to find answers to some of the "why's" of life. I can tell that you are a man of faith and since I also have faith ...and many "why's," I need to remind myself that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28). Prayers are on the way. Feel free to contact me if you need support.

Lyle

• iam3killerbs
    13 years ago

My sympathy in this time of loss. May God bless and keep you all.

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks again to all all

your so kind

your friend joe

• green_grocer
    13 years ago

Joe,

i'm truly sorry for your loss. I know full well the pain of losing someone close to you so young. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. Find strength in your family and friends; Know that we are all looking out for you and sending our love.

Peace be with you,
    Mike.

• psittacine
    13 years ago

Hi Joe,

I'm mostly a lurker here and other places on GW, but this notice of your family's sudden loss of this young family member brought tears to my eyes. I feel so very sad for what you all are going through.

I hope and pray that your family will get an answer to the cause of Amanda's passing and that it will give you some peace. My thoughts are especially strong for your mom. Sometimes the weight of being the one who discovered this takes some time to come to grips with. My mom made a similar discovery many years ago.

I Pray for gentle healing, and the retention of all the sweet memories you and your extended family have of Amanda, so you can pass them on to her young daughter.

May Peace soon find its way to you and yours.

Crystal

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks so much for the love you are showing me and mine

these small kindnesses will not be forgotten or go unrewarded by God

thanks your friend joe

• User
    13 years ago

Joe, there are no words that I know of to ease the pain you and your family are experiencing. Just hold on to the warm memories as you move forward. No one is truly gone if they live in your heart.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Bill

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you to all who have replied so far and will
    may god bless you greatly for the love you have shown me

your friend Joe

• jennq
    13 years ago

Dear Joe,

I do not know you, but your note here touched me. It's such a struggle to find peace when we lose someone so young- the unfairness of it can make us want to shake our fist at the sky, asking "Why?!"

I know sometime when we are struggling with the pain of loss, it can be difficult to see any positive. But I try to take that time to be grateful that I had this person in my life, even for a short while. Because the pain we feel at the passing of a beautiful soul is the price we must pay for having our lives enriched by them.

I hope you and your family find peace with this tragedy. Know you are being kept close in the hearts of those who share your love of nurturing another kind of life.

~ Jenn

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you so much Jenn

i did thank God for the 21 years he gave me with her,and i did ask why, he is slowly revealing the why maybe not the whole why but im getting some explanation, she did not like to burden others with her pain and make people upset, that was her way of showing her love to people, she may have been able to hide her pain from people but not from God, he is truly merciful.

im still struggling but i will heal

no one is ever gone if the live on in your heart

thanks so much your friend Joe

• orgogal
    13 years ago

I am so very very sorry for your loss. Deepest sympathy and prayers for you and your family.
    Kathy

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you Kathy i do appreciate your prayer
    Thursday was the viewing and Friday was the funeral
    two very bad bad days in a long string of them since she past
    she was very special to me and deeply loved by all, she was a good kid this makes it so hard, i know i will see her again someday

thanks your friend Joe

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

I'm sorry, Joe. This is such a hard time.
    Now that this part of the journey has passed, I hope the healing can begin.

Josh

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Joe,

My deepest sympathies to you and your family for your loss, Joe.

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you so much for your thoughtfulness

i know the God i serve has her in his embrace and that he will reward your kindness

thanks so much your friend joe

• kosherbaker
    13 years ago

My deepest and most profound condolences Joe, to you and all that are survived by her. Our prayers are with you and her. I wish all of you that have been affected by this tragedy a speedy healing and recovery.
    Sometimes it takes a great loss to make us realize things we never saw or wanted to see before and re evaluate our priorities. So perhaps even in her passing she will continue to bring goodness and light into your worlds.

Rudy

• genoprizebull
    13 years ago

Sorry about your loss Joe . When some tragedy or trial hits me , I remind myself that rain falls on the good and the bad.I hope it doesn't offend you in anyway to say that.It's just a way that helps me understand that terrible things can happen to anyone.The journey through this painful time will be hard but you have the little one to think about.
    God Bless
    Gene

• farnell
    13 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Joe.

I will pray for you and your family.

Andrew

• spice8
    13 years ago

Im so sorry to hear about your loss Joe, I will pray for your family to get through this ordeal. You know there is a better place beyond earth and it seems to take the good ones first. We have to stay strong and love one another and one day when we are called to Heaven we'll get to see our loved ones once again. Your family will be in our prayers.

• shoontok
    13 years ago

Hey Joe

I hope your hangin in there during these times. I just was just thinking about ya and decided to snap a picture of something that might cheer ya up.

Here is a pic of one of the plants that grew from some seeds ya sent me a couple months back.

I know its only a pepper plant. And that plant dont meen much in the grand scheme of things. But to me it meens that you are a great person that is willing to help out another human being without asking anything in return. And to me, that DOES matter in the grand scheme of things.

Yer Friend
    Jim

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks so much again for this outpouring of love the Lord has lifted me up some, and i feel the tender embrace of his spirit

Kosher >> you are right i have the child to think about now and even though she is not Amanda she has become a great comfort to me as well as her new life has given my life new meaning

Geno >> yes the rain falls on the righteous and the wicked and even though we dont always understand why this is, as i said in my speech at Amanda viewing God wastes no life or opportunity to bring about his will and purpose, and in doing so brings much good as a result, im slowly seeing the good shine through he sorrow of this great loss in my life, what gives me the most solace is IN knowing that she is in heaven and that its a far greater reward that she has gone onto than i, i will see her again and this time we will never be parted, death's days are numbered and soon Jesus will step out from his clouds of glory and death will be no more, he will wipe away every tear from every eye!!!

Shoon >> thanks so much that plant is beautiful, it reminds me that what i do for others is not in vein, we dont always see the outcome of the kindness we sow in this world, but THANKS YOU THAT PLANT IS GOING TO PRODUCE ABUNDANTLY

again to all thank you so much for taking the time to console me, your reward is great

JESUS SAID THAT "IF WE GIVE JUST A CUP OF COLD WATER IN HIS NAME WE SHALL NOT LOSS OUR REWARD

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

• bigoledude
    13 years ago

Blessings, comfort, peace and we pray also, a miraculous, sweet recovery from your grief. We could all take some lessons from you Joe!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Joe: Please let me know if you need anything! You have been so kind to me (and many others) in the past. I would be happy to help with whatever. =) My prayers are still with you, my friend.

- Steve

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County