Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aji Limon

Posted by sworegonjim 7/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 14:43

Does anyone have photos of a mature Aji Limon plant, and the peppers? I have never grown this, but have ordered some seeds. There are so many similar pepper types and similar names, it is difficult to pin it down on the web.

I understand it is pretty hot, but has a great fruity - lemony tang to it. Sure sounds good.

Also, I have read it produces heavily and that it is a good one to keep around over the winter. Anyone have experience in keeping it for a few years?

Thanks!

Jim G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aji Limon

There is a Chinense and Baccatum version of Aji Lemon,Aji Limon,limon or Lemon Drop

baccatum

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?find=aji+lemon&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1

Here is a link that might be useful: chinense and baccatum

o
RE: Aji Limon - are you familiar with this plant?

Smokemaster - the link below is the seed I ordered. I have not received it yet, but soon. I had gone to The Chileman and seen the peppers you sent me the link to. Actually, that is where my confusion came in. The Lemon and Limon look so similar. Have you grown this particular pepper? Do you like it?

Here is a link that might be useful: The Chile Institute, Aji Limon

o

The seeds I have from the chile institute are Baccatums.

Thats according to the pack lable-I just looked.

I don't think they sell the C.Chinense.

Baccatums have gold specks in the flower.
See the chileman for Lemon Drop to see flower.
Lemon drop is the same thing as the Baccatum you ordered ,just a different name I think.Possibly a different strain,I think they are the same thing.

I personally think the pods are a lot different in the Chinense-fat ,more cone shapped , not long skinney.
I guess it depends on the pic you find...

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemon drop

o
Thanks for the info Smokemaster

Thanks smokemaster. I appreciate your insight. Do you like these peppers?

o

I like them both.
I grow a lot of Bacctums from time to time along with mostly Chinense.

o
RE: Aji Limon, glad to hear it

Glad to hear it. I will look forward to getting the seeds.

o

• Posted by shebear z8 NCentralTex (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 18:30

Ok I have a question about the leaves on Lemon Drop. Mine are shorter and squat instead of the longer leaves of the bells and jalapenos. Is that normal for a Bacctum? The bush also looks like it'll be shaped more like a habanero pepper bush. The plants are small but I can tell which they are from across the room even if they are in a group of peppers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here