Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drosera84

Texas grower!!!

Drosera84
10 years ago

Hi, I am new to this site. Is there any Dallas grower on here? =)

Comments (13)

• StupidHotPeppers
    10 years ago

Hello Drosera84. Welcome to the site. You will find there are amazing people on here that will converse and answer any pepper questions you have. I personally am not from Dallas but I think we have a few people on here from Texas.

• kentishman
    10 years ago

I'm not in Dallas, but welcome to the site. Plenty of knowledgeable folks here.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Welcome !

There are good people here from Texas and elsewhere who are willing and able to answer your questions. I have been learning and enjoying this and few other GW forums as well. Feel free to comments , make threads, answer questions : It is free for all.
    It is a great place to learn and GROW.

• tomt226
    10 years ago

Welcome. I'm in Bastrop County, Texas, and IIRC, there's two posters from the Dallas area in here.
    What'cha growin'?

• Drosera84
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Some of you may not live in Texas but yall sure do have southern hospitality. I am not growing any hot pepper this year yet. I had been out of the country for 2 years so my hot pepper seed bank had been reduce to zero =(. But I am back and ready to grow again =D

• kentishman
    10 years ago

If you need some seeds to get back in the game, just let me know.

Tom

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

I'm in DFW now, though since I just moved back from Atlanta I'm not growing anything this year ... unless these big plants didn't get frozen to death in the move (no sign yet).

Dennis

• kuvaszlvr
    10 years ago

Cool Dennis, you're in DFW? I'm in the Tulsa area, you should plan a trip to come up to one of the areas local herb festivals in April. Great places to get some unusual plants, and hey, you show up at our booth I'll give you a free plant of your choice. ;-)
    Pam

P.S. welcome to the board Drosera84!

This post was edited by kuvaszlvr on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 8:51

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Thanks Pam. I've spent most of my life in Texas (which as some of you may not know is very similar to OK). In many ways it feels like coming home.

For one thing, I can see the horizon!

Dennis

• centexan254 zone 8 Temple, Tx
    10 years ago

Fellow Texas Grower. Though I am bit south of Big D. I am in Bell County a literal stone's throw from I 35.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope your garden did not take the beating that my raised beds on Friday from the hail storm. First one of the year here, they were golf ball sized or so.

• tomt226
    10 years ago

DMForcier,
    Yep, there's nothin' between you and the north pole but a bob-war fence, and that blew down a couple years ago...

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Nice little article in the Dallas Morning News about gardening peppers in DFW area.

Here is a link that might be useful: These peppers deliver

• TNKS
    10 years ago

Waving a hand from West Texas(desert)
    Taylor,Jones,Callahan area
    Great folk here on GW,Welcome aboard

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor