Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Texas grower!!!

Posted by Drosera84 none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 16:59

Hi, I am new to this site. Is there any Dallas grower on here? =)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Texas grower!!!

Hello Drosera84. Welcome to the site. You will find there are amazing people on here that will converse and answer any pepper questions you have. I personally am not from Dallas but I think we have a few people on here from Texas.

o

I'm not in Dallas, but welcome to the site. Plenty of knowledgeable folks here.

o

Welcome !

There are good people here from Texas and elsewhere who are willing and able to answer your questions. I have been learning and enjoying this and few other GW forums as well. Feel free to comments , make threads, answer questions : It is free for all.
It is a great place to learn and GROW.

o

Welcome. I'm in Bastrop County, Texas, and IIRC, there's two posters from the Dallas area in here.
What'cha growin'?

o

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Some of you may not live in Texas but yall sure do have southern hospitality. I am not growing any hot pepper this year yet. I had been out of the country for 2 years so my hot pepper seed bank had been reduce to zero =(. But I am back and ready to grow again =D

o

If you need some seeds to get back in the game, just let me know.

Tom

o

I'm in DFW now, though since I just moved back from Atlanta I'm not growing anything this year ... unless these big plants didn't get frozen to death in the move (no sign yet).

Dennis

o

Cool Dennis, you're in DFW? I'm in the Tulsa area, you should plan a trip to come up to one of the areas local herb festivals in April. Great places to get some unusual plants, and hey, you show up at our booth I'll give you a free plant of your choice. ;-)
Pam

P.S. welcome to the board Drosera84!

This post was edited by kuvaszlvr on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 8:51

o

Thanks Pam. I've spent most of my life in Texas (which as some of you may not know is very similar to OK). In many ways it feels like coming home.

For one thing, I can see the horizon!

Dennis

o

Fellow Texas Grower. Though I am bit south of Big D. I am in Bell County a literal stone's throw from I 35.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope your garden did not take the beating that my raised beds on Friday from the hail storm. First one of the year here, they were golf ball sized or so.

o

DMForcier,
Yep, there's nothin' between you and the north pole but a bob-war fence, and that blew down a couple years ago...

o

Nice little article in the Dallas Morning News about gardening peppers in DFW area.

Here is a link that might be useful: These peppers deliver

o

Waving a hand from West Texas(desert)
Taylor,Jones,Callahan area
Great folk here on GW,Welcome aboard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here