Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

The Trinidad Moruga Pepper,I Got Seeds! YEAH!!

PoohBearLvr
11 years ago

Well I finally got a LARGE batch of 'Trinidad Moruga' seeds, you know, the new worlds hottest pepper, bumping off the Bhut Jolokia, I think I spelled it right. Anyway. Has anyone grown this pepper yet, or growing it now, and have any tips on how to get as high a germination rate as possible?

I use to put my Bhut seeds in a folded wet paper napkin, then put the napkin in a plastic bag, and place it on the light hood of one of my AeroGrow units, It got the seeds nice and hot, and once I saw a root, I put it in soil and I got a pretty good rate of germination.

But is there a better or simpler way to get these to germinate? Is it more important to keep the soil warm/hot or give it sunlight when it is in the seed stage? i think it is keeping the soil warm/hot is more important in the beginning. I have some yellow Devils Tongue pepper plants to sprout up VERY fast, with minimal soil heating,and put it outside, maybe the sun heated the soil enough to warm up the seeds.

BUT i only get 2 of the Trinidads in less than 1 week! I was shocked. But this is out of 15 seeds. This time I have over 100 seeds. So I get to plant more seeds,and hopfully trade plants with others, if they have something I want, I think they will be in demand, plants of the 'hottest pepper in the world' should be worth trading...right? Well..any hints?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio