Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rdback

2010 Free Seed Offer

rdback
14 years ago

I wasnt going to conduct a seed offer this year, but several folks have been asking, so I changed my mind. ItÂs the same rules as last year, with one new requirement. ALL requests must originate from GardenWeb. In other words, you need to be a member of GW and initiate you request for seeds through the GW e-mail system.

With that said, here we goÂ..

Hi folks. IÂve just gone through my seed inventory and found I have a few to spare. So, I figure I might as well share. Take a look at the list and, if you find something of interest, follow the Directions, abide by the Rules and theyÂre yours. This is not an exchange; itÂs a seed for free offer. However, should you have extra seeds for any of the "wild" species of peppers that youÂd like to share, you can certainly throw those in the envelope *smile*. IÂve decided to try my hand at a few of those this year.

Enjoy and have a great growing season.

Rick

P.S. The original seeds for many of these varieties originated from fellow GW members. This seed offer is a way for me to thank them for their generosity and to continue the spirit of sharing.

RULES:

- Open to GardenWeb members who are U.S. residents only. Sorry.

- If/when varieties become unavailable, I will post that information to this thread. So, please read to the end of this thread to see if what you want is still available.

- You may select up to 10 varieties from the list below. You may also specify up to two alternates, in case I run out of something in your list.

- Do not send metered postage. It is only good the day of issue.

- Requested seeds will be reserved for you for 10 days. After that, they go back into inventory.

DIRECTIONS:

STEP 1: e-Mail me your choices (10 max). I will reply to your e-Mail with my mailing address.

STEP 2: If you do not receive a return e-Mail from me within 2 days, post as such to this thread.

STEP 3: Address a SMALL (4" x 7") BUBBLE envelope (SABE) to me and affix proper postage (if you use the 4 x 7 SABE and small bags it should be $0.88).

STEP 4. Inside the envelope, include the following:

--> a completed address label I can attach to return the envelope to you.

--> loose U.S. postage stamps - at least the same amount it costs you to mail the envelope to me (if you use the 4 x 7 SABE and small bags it should be (2) $0.44 stamps).

--> Include individually labeled coin envelopes or SMALL plastic bags for each variety.

--> Make sure the seed envelopes/bags are individually labeled.

--> Include a list of the peppers you are requesting (just to be safe).

STEP 5: Mail the envelope to me.

STEP 6: When your seeds arrive, please send me an e-Mail to let me know.

YouÂre done!

NOTES:

- Coin envelopes or small plastic bags can be found at Walmart in the Crafts dept.

- Weekend requests will not be answered until Monday.

- Plants are Open Pollinated and not isolated, so crossing is a possibility.

- Samples will be small (~15 seeds) to share with as many people as possible.

- All seeds harvested from my plants during the 2009 growing season, unless noted otherwise.

- All varieties germination tested > 80%.

- Heat ratings are my opinion - yours may vary.

- This Naga Jolokia is c. Frutescens, NOT c.Chinense. The heat level is under 100k shu.

- I donÂt have tons of seeds for each variety; some are less than 10 offers. So be fast and be first lol.

- For additional info on each pepper, use the link below and search the database.

IÂm not going to keep this offer open very long so, if youÂre interested, act fast!

2010 PEPPER SEED OFFER

SWEET

Antonia P. Rhomedia

Beaver Dam

Corbaci

Jimmy Nardello

Marconi, Purple

Quadrato d' Asti, Rosso

Szegedi 80

Pimento, Tangerine

Tolli's Italian Sweet

MEDIUM

Cayenne, Turkish

Cochiti

Fluorescent Purple

Jalapeno, Purple

Las Cruces

Padrone

Pueblo

Santa Fe Grande

Sapporo

Wenk's Yellow Hots

HOT

Bermuda Hot

Cayenne

Cayenne, Golden

Cayenne, Long Purple

Chile de Arbol

Chinese 5 Color

Cili Goronong

Fish

Jamaican Hot, Yellow

Lemon Drop

Mexican Long Hot

Naga Jolokia (c.Frutescens)

Peter, Red

Picante Calabrese

Pretty Purple Pepper

Tennessee Spice

Thai, Orange

Thai, Orange (Bangkok Market)

Thai, Red

EXTREME

7 Pod (Jonah)

Bhut Jolokia, Red

Billy Goat

Fatalii

Habanero, Chocolate

Habanero, Golden

Habanero, Orange

Habanero, Red

Comments (87)

• shlycac
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

E-mail sent this morning.
    Thank you

• farnell
    14 years ago

Hi Rick, I still have not received a return email. I hope everything is o.k. Thanks again.

• shlycac
    14 years ago

Hi Rick,
    I received your e-mail, but accidentally deleted it. Could you resend it please.

Thank you,
    Linda

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi folks.

As of 5:00pm ET today, I have responded to all e-mails received. If you have not received my response, post here. Don't forget to check your SPAM folder first. Lots of messages with "Free" in the title get snagged.

Farnell - although on Sunday you posted you sent an e-mail, as best as I can tell, I have not received anything from you. You do not have your e-mail listed here on GW, so I'm not sure of your e-mail address. Please be sure to contact me via my "My Page" here on GW, and try again.

Rick

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi shlycac,

My e-mail response to you has been re-sent.

:^)

• farnell
    14 years ago

O.K. Rick I got the email fixed I don't know how you managed to email me without one but it is now visible to members. Anyway thanks so much for the offer and the sasbe is going out in tomorrows mail.

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

UPDATE

Las Cruces - no longer available

Marconi, Purple - no longer available

As of this morning, I have responded via e-Mail to ALL requests I have received. If you have not received an e-Mail from me, post here. Be sure to check your "spam" filter/folder first. Lots of e-Mails with "free" in the title are treated as spam by mail servers.

If you requested seeds and haven't sent your envelope, please do so promptly. The 10 day hold is running out on some folks.

This Offer will close end-of-day 3/31/10. So, if you're interested, you better hurry! As of 4/01/10 I need to focus on the garden. The madness and chaos has already begun and it is sure to get much worse. *smile*

Rick

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

UPDATE

Billy Goat - no longer available

Tolli's Italian Sweet - no longer available

Rick

• cheeze2002
    14 years ago

Hey rick,I had sent you my envelope well over a week ago and I was just trying to make sure it had arrived.

Thanks again.

Terry Mills

• genoprizebull
    14 years ago

I'm just checking to see if you got my bubble envelope ok
    Thanks for going through the trouble of this offer for us
    Gene

• amberroses
    14 years ago

I sent my envelope last Friday so I hope you have received it by now. Thanks for the nice offer and the advice on picking varieties.

-Amber

• spice8
    14 years ago

Just sent you an email. The seeds I was interested in are:
    Peter Red
    7 Pod
    Cayenne, Long purple
    Billy Goat
    Cili Goronong
    Lemon Drop
    The Alternatives:
    Thai Orange
    Fish
    Golden Habanero
    Habanero Red
    Thanks for the amazing offer!!

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi folks.

As of 6:00pm ET today, I have responded to all e-mails received. If you have not received my response, post here. Don't forget to check your SPAM folder first. Lots of messages with "Free" in the title get snagged.

Terry, Gene and Amber, your envelopes are already on their way back to each of you.

Rick

• tedsfarms
    14 years ago

email sent Rick
    Thanks for the pepper seeds that arrived today.

• mrs.b_in_wy
    14 years ago

E-mail sent. Thanks so very much for this offer!

• marsmet47
    14 years ago

sunday march 28, 2010 @ 11:57 AM EDT

e-mail letter sent to you...mr. rick...a few minutes ago...

thanks for your offer

sehr dankbar,

marshall in tallahassee

shalom / tschüss..

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Rick,

Thanks so much for the seeds! I received them on Saturday. I really appreciate your generosity.

Becky

• amberroses
    14 years ago

Rick:

I received my peppers today. Thanks again for being so nice to take the time to do this for everyone.

-Amber

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

Sending you an email.

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi folks.

As of 6:00pm ET today, I have responded to all e-mails received. If you have not received my response, post here. Don't forget to check your SPAM folder first. Lots of messages with "Free" in the title get snagged.

As a reminder, this offer is winding down. It ends 3/31/10 - only about 48 hours left. If you want seeds, post here and send me an e-mail.

Also, get those envelopes in the mail. Some of you are a little late.

Rick

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today, including the two alternates. Thanks Rick! I look forward to growing them. JJK

• pepperhead311
    14 years ago

Hey Rick, I just got my envelope in the mail yesterday. I had to run out of town for a few days. Thanks for the offer! My bags are in the mail!
    Travis

• heatereater74
    14 years ago

Rick-
    Just checking to see if you've received my envelope yet. Mailed it last week. Thanks, again.

Russell

• cougar1973
    14 years ago

Rick, just received the seeds!! Thank you for the extras as well. Thanks once again for being so generous :)

• gothamgardener
    14 years ago

Rick,

Just sent an email your way. Thanks so much!!

- Craig

• tex_container_man
    14 years ago

Rick,

I just sent an email. Hope it's not too late. Thanks for the offer

- Kyle

• omwenterprises
    14 years ago

Hey Rick,

Just wondering if you have received my envelope yet?

Thanks,

John

• dirtdaddy
    14 years ago

Rick, seeds came in post monday. I'll put'em to work asap! I'd never heard of Las Cruces before and I'd wanted wanted to plant Tollies before and now I will! THANKS, david.

• karen_panitch
    14 years ago

Just sent you an email with my list. Thank you SO much!

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi folks.

As of 3:00pm ET today, I have responded to all e-mails received requesting seeds. If you have not received my response, post here. Don't forget to check your SPAM folder first. Lots of messages with "Free" in the title get snagged.

I have finally cleared the backlog of envelopes. ALL envelopes received are in the return mail. If you have not received an e-mail from me to that effect, I have not received your envelope yet.

As a reminder, this offer is winding down. It ends TODAY 3/31/10 - less than 9 hours left. If you want seeds, you need to hurry! Post here and send me an e-mail before midnight, ET.

Also, get those envelopes in the mail. Some of you are quite late now.

And lastly, all of you are quite welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Rick

• farnell
    14 years ago

Thank you again Rick! I just got them in the mail. Thanks so much for the extra varieties. I'll be sure to upload pictures in the fall.

Andrew

• lana_2010
    14 years ago

Rick,

I just sent you an email. hope I am not too late!!!!

Lana

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

FINAL UPDATE

Well folks, as I've said before, stick this seed offer with a fork - it's done.

No more requests please.

I hope the seeds do well and all of you have a wonderful, productive season.

Best Regards -- Rick

P.S. If you haven't done so already, you need to get those envelopes in the mail. I'm not gonna TOUCH an envelope after April 15th, so don't be sluggardly. (*smile*)

• chilemilio
    14 years ago

Nooo!! I just signed up to the GW today!!

oh well, maybe next year.

• heirloomchefmark
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today. Thanks so much for the extras! I ran out to Menards to get another set of lights to start them under.

• spice8
    14 years ago

Got my seeds in the mail today. Thank you so much Rick! I almost feel guilty with these seeds that many pay a lot for and you just gave em out for free. Thanks again man, I will be letting you know how they do.

Thanks again,
    Jude

• heatereater74
    14 years ago

Received seeds yesterday. Thanks, again, for your generosity. Will let you know how they all turn out!

With Appreciation,
    Russell

• dave0538
    14 years ago

Hi Rick,

I received my seeds in the mail today. It was better than Christmas!!!! Thanks again for doing this and I'll let you know how they did this fall:)

Dave

• ihategazingballs
    14 years ago

Hi Rick,

I want to thank you again for all the time and effort you put into this offer of free pepper seeds. I planted the seeds about a week ago and 11 out of 12 varieties have come up already! They must be very good seeds. I will have to do something nice for people one of these days;)

Lyle

• wayright
    14 years ago

Yes Rick thanks again,I emailed when I got the seeds and in only 6 days some of mine are popping up already!Very cool!
    Kevin

• vic01
    14 years ago

Rick, just wanted to say thanks, seeds arrived sat. Jackie

• rdback
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi folks.

ALL envelopes received are in the return mail. If you have not received an e-mail from me to that effect, I have not received your envelope yet.

So, get those envelopes in the mail! Some of you are very late now.

And again, all of you are quite welcome.

Rick

• amberroses
    14 years ago

Oh, my new babies are sprouting. Thanks again for the seeds.

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

Rick, The seeds arrived today and the selection looks fantastic. My other plants are several weeks old by now, but I have got to plant one more flat now. LOL Thanks again for being so generous. Carol

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    14 years ago

Rick, those are some awesome seeds. Germinating at 100%!

• marsmet47
    14 years ago

..sunday april 11, 2010...at 10:09 AM EDT

...mr. rick

received your package of seeds yesterday.....danke !!!

jumpin' jehoshaphat....what a great selection of hot pepper seeds you sent.

wunderbar....ja, das es ist.....plain and simple !!

anywhoo...i send you an radio check about the germination rate.....in late may 2010

vielen dank,

marshall in tallahassee...

shalom / tschüss...

• gothamgardener
    14 years ago

Rick,

Got my seeds in the mail yesterday and can't wait to get them started. And thanks SO MUCH for all the extras. I've got the freaky-hot-pepper market cornered now!!

• tex_container_man
    14 years ago

Rick,

Envelope full of seeds arrived yesterday. Thanks again. I've got the whole neighborhood wanting to see these peppers.

Kyle in Texas

• mrs.b_in_wy
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Rick! I received a wonderful selection of pepper seeds in the mail today. They're already on the heat mat. I can hardly wait to see how they do. Thank you again.

• omwenterprises
    14 years ago

40 of 42 seeds up in 10 days, Rick! At least one of all varieties. Thanks again, will keep you posted on the progress.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES