Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kakecreator

hottest peppers

kakecreator
11 years ago

I am looking for seeds for the Bhut Jolokia , weri-weri and scotch bonet peppers. My husband is from Guyana, (Indian) and these peppers are hard to find in Georgia

Comments (22)

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

The Bhuts and Scotch Bonnets are plentiful online. Not sure about weri-weri though. If I had extras of any of them, I would be happy to send them to you. I am sure someone on the list will be able to help you out.
    Bruce

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I know I have some Bhut Jolokia seeds. I'm pretty sure I have some Chocolate Scotch Bonnet. I do not have any weri-weri. If you shoot me an e-mail with your address, I'll try to send you some seeds. You need to start them ASAP. Here's a pic from last years bhut jolokia pods.

Tim

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

This is a pic of my Chocolate Scotch Bonnet.

Tim

• Edymnion
    11 years ago

Yeah, I think we all have bhut seeds coming out of our ears at this point. Just give a yell.

• DMForcier
    11 years ago

Where in Georgia are you? Anywhere near Stone Mountain? I actually have too many BJs started. Drop me an email if you're within driving distance.

Dennis

• rodnebridges
    11 years ago

I'm over in stockbridge myself. send me an email with a mailing address and i will happily send you some great scotch bonnet seeds !!

• rodnebridges
    11 years ago

Droppin' em' in the mail on the way to work this morning. Hopefully you can get started this weekend !! Good luck !!

• PrestonFarmer
    11 years ago

There are a lot of Scotch Bonnet seeds available out there, but most that I've bought over the past 5 years or so have produced fruit that looks more like a standard orange habanero. Last year I bought seeds from Midwest Chileheads (on the advice of Smokemaster) and they were the REAL DEAL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Midwest Chileheads - Scotch Bonnet

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I haven't received an e-mail. Just curious if you got your seeds. They should have reached you Saturday. If not let me know. Good luck.

Tim

• rodnebridges
    11 years ago

Ditto

• rodnebridges
    11 years ago

Got your message ! good luck :)

• DMForcier
    11 years ago

Judy picked up a couple BJs from me this weekend. She says that she did get seeds from someone. Devil's Tongue and Devil's Claw?

• pepper_rancher
    11 years ago

DMForcier,
    You ever try mailing live plants? If you still have some spare Bhut plants around I am willing to pay for shipping (or some of my live plants to be sent back to you at a future date) if you are willing to try! Im in alabama so priority shipping should only take a day or two.

• kakecreator
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, so I plant seeds that I received and the pepper seedlings were doing so good, I was so excited about having so many different peppers. yeah!!!. I set them outside yesterday to start getting them accustomed to be outside. I got up this morning and the birds have destroyed my peppers. I am so disgusted. I wanted to cry. I have tried to salvage 2 Bhut Jokolvia, and a chocolate scotch bonnet. Don't know if they will make it or not. Have any of you experienced this problem???

• tsheets
    10 years ago

Ouch!! They will most likely bounce back. Just be gentle hardening them off, you don't want to stress them any more than necessary at this point.

• PepperGuy222
    10 years ago

i know im a little lat to the party but can i by chance get some scotch bonnet seeds and some bhut seeds? ive emailed some people here but no response...let me know.

pepperguy

• kakecreator
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The birds ate and destroyed them, I found 3 little sprouts on the deck covered in dirt/mulch mix. The rest aren't coming back. I hope Tim or Rodney can help me out again. Thanks

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear about the birds. Don't despair. If you have some money in the budget, you can always visit www.chileplants.com It is Cross Country Nurseries and they sell and ship established pepper plants. I was able to buy 12 different plants (probably about 10" tall each) and with shipping, it cost me $58, I believe.

Not the most cost effective solution, but wait until you realize how much you are smiling on the day they arrive and you unbox them all.

• PepperGuy222
    10 years ago

Anyone on here still giving or trading Bhut seeds or Scotch Bonnet seeds? I posted once but maybe everyone didnt see it...let me know.

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

It's really too late to start the superhots if you expect a harvest this year. It would help to know where you are, too. Please update your profile.

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

kakecreator and pepperguy222 I have just a few scotch bonnet seeds left maybe 10 or 12. fewer with the ghost pepper seeds. if you will provide me with your addresses I will share what I can. DMforcier might be right, it's kinda late but, you might, maybe be able to get something this year if not, you will have to learn the fine art of overwintering ! :)

• smokemaster_2007
    10 years ago

E mail me.

Sponsored