Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Boriya Mirch seeds/ US supplier

Posted by SortaOrganic none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 20:01

Got into Indian cooking over the summer, and many of the recipes call for these peppers dried. I can buy them, but would like to add them to my pepper garden this year, but haven't found a US supplier of seeds. I tried to germinate seeds from the packaged ones with no success. Even a small packet of 10-15 seeds would be fine. Should have thought about posting on here before now....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Boriya Mirch seeds/ US supplier

Based off of what I could find on the Boriya Mirch description and pictures its seems to also be called Cascabel and you may have more luck locating seeds using Cascabel. They are both described as a round pepper that rattles. Hope this helps.

Mark

o

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the delayed response. Got potatoes, peas, onions, garlic, cauliflower and brocolli scheduled to go in this weekend. I have been busy getting the beds ready. I will look tonight using your information and see what I can find. Thanks!

o

Thanks for the info Mark! I was able to find them, and have placed the order. Wish I could have found them earlier, but glad to have a source now. Thanks again for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here