Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hot pepper plants to leggy

Posted by casanovaninja mt (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 20:09

i would like some advise please, do you think my hot pepper plants are to leggy?? if they are, what can i do to fix this proublem ...please help me. this is my first time growing them, i realy dont want them to grow wrong or die ect...:( please get back to me asap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hot pepper plants to leggy

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 0:40

Maybe a little. Is that your setup? If so, then yes, you are going to get leggy plants. you need more light and the light needs to be closer to the plants.
Bruce

o

Agree with Bruce.

The other point is that (IMO) spot lights/LEDs do not provide uniform light to plants. and you cannot bring them close enough to all your seedlings. I think fluorescent are better choice as grow light.

o

More light for sure. And if your ready to turn it into a little project I would find some reflective material to surround the plants if I were you. That brown color makes it a bit dark in there. If you don't have room for 2' or 4' fluorescent lights then I would get some CFL's

o

Incandescent bulbs shine mostly in the yellow, orange, and red end of the spectrum. Those colors aren't much use to plants - they want all the blue they can get. Fluorescent bulbs are much bluer - and a lot cooler so they can be put much closer to the leaves.

In Montana it will be quite a while before you can set them outside so you will need to provide better light for them inside until then.

Good luck,

Dennis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here