Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My mini green house

Posted by jesse_2008 ZONE 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 20:36

Photobucket
Just finished this today. I call it my mini greehouses. Its made out of (8) 2 liter plastic bottles. I cut the bottom of the bottles the same height as the holder, then I drilled (5) 1/16" holes on the little feet of the bottles, then I cut the middle section of the 2 liter bottle and used the top with out the cap. Hope this picture shoes how I cut each bottle. Well lets try it out I will keep you all posted. Hope it works. I have Red Bell Peppers, and I am starting them indoors, under some lights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My mini green house

looks like a great setup! keep posted as to how it works out for you

o

Thats a pretty sweet setup! It looks like the roots will have a lot of room to stretch, and won't have to be transplanted too soon. definitely let us know how it goes. Goodu luck, -E

o

man, you drink alot of soda :)

joking!

seriously, you have a cool idea - let us know how it works out for you!
Danny

o

I'm using a similar method, mostly 1L bottles, since we don't drink soda, but I like the flavored water drinks. Anyway, I kind of got the idea from the wintersowing method, but just did the same thing indoors.

My new grow light

I like the holding tray your using. How did you score that?

Bonnie

o

For bottles with tops on...how do you put seeds in...I guess I still cannot understand how this was done :-(

o

Tjani, don't worry, it's not as complicated as building a ship in a bottle, LOL. Actually, I'm not sure of the original poster's method, but here is mine.

1) use soldering iron to put drainage holes in bottom, and a starter hole in the side of the bottle

Photobucket

2) cut bottle in half

Photobucket

3) cut tabs (upside down V's on each side of the top half, so that it can be reattached to bottom half securely

Photobucket

Hope this helps some : )

Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here