Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
March 20th video update

Posted by peppernovice 7 b (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 20:59

Here's a quick look at my plants. I was able to get them out on the back deck when I was home for lunch. Most plants already have flowers, or buds. Let me know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMU9QyBIKCM&feature=youtu.be

Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: March 20th video update

Tim, Those are like from the picture book.
Nobody and nobody can do a better job than you have done.

In this first day of spring, a bit windy day, your plant celebrated the spring. I hope your weather is getting warm, to keep them outside for good.
I see, your final pots are ready for them too.

o

Thanks Seysonn. It was pretty windy today, but the plants really need it. I haven't been running a fan, and the stems aren't as strong as I'd like for them to be. Hopefully in 2 weeks they'll be in their summer homes.

Tim

o

Great work!

Josh

o

Very nice indeed!
I really enjoy the video updates, may have to try one soon myself when I get the time.

And if I may, how do you get them to adapt to direct light so readily? Seems like I have been weening mine for a loooong time, and they still wilt after 2-3hrs of hard FL sun. They love the mixed shade, but direct still knocks them down, and some are nearly 2.5ft now.

o

jutsFL......I try to get them outside if the temperature is 60+. I've had them outside at least 6 or 7 times over the last month. I also limit the time in direct sunlight. My deck only receives sunlight till about 2 pm. I usually can't get them outside till around 11 a.m. That means they only get 2 to 3 hours of direct sun. The one day they received more than that, most of them showed signs of sun damage. I'll eventually put them in large pots and set them next to the house. I gradually move them away from the house, thus allowing them to receive a little more light each day. I'm sure you have to be a little more cautious in Florida.

Tim

o

Looking great, as always Tim. Looks like some early harvests this year.

Juts: what size pots do you have yours in? I have mine in 4" and they've been out in warm, SoCal, full sun for weeks with no ill effects. Perhaps your roots are too close to the edges of the pots that it's too warm... hence, the wilt.

Kevin

o

Tim - Your plants look great!

Sandy

o

Kevin, their in 5 gal buckets. Not too sure what the hold up is for them, but I'm still trying to get them acclimated nonetheless.

o

Tim: sorry for the hijack.

JutsFl: Maybe you didn't fully harden off prior to the 5 gal. Don't know. As long as they're recovering overnight, probably not much to worry about. They'll adjust shortly, I'm sure, once they can dig their feet in a bit deeper.

Ok... back to your regularly scheduled praises of Peppernovice's great grow!

Kevin

o

No apology necessary Kevin. We're here to help each other, I don't care what the topic of the thread is.

Thank you Sandy.

Tim

o

Yeah right Tim. We are here to find out what your secrets are in growing such a great peppers. hehe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here