Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esox07

Blooms on my starters, am I in trouble

OK, I gotta know. I planted most of my seeds 10-11 weeks ago. Now, they are past the bud stage and many are putting out full blooms. I still have 5 weeks at least before they go outside permanently. Am I screwed? Will they still produce if they are kept indoors the vast majority of the time. I get them out side when it is sunny and forecast to get to mid 50's unless it is supposed to be too windy. But other than a couple three days a week, they are under grow lights for 16 hrs. As the weather warms, i will get them outside more and many will eventually go into containers for the summer and I will be able to get them out earlier than the ones in my garden. I will probably put the ones in containers in 4 weeks or so and will leave out as weather permits but the garden ones will have to wait until late May or early June I am sure.

Is this going to screw up my pepper production or will they pollinate and put out pods anyway? I knew I was being too anxious but this is my first try with peppers and I didn't think about them blooming early.

What is my prognosis and what should I do about it?

Comments (8)

Sponsored