Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bhut Jolokia And 7 Pod Jonah Pod Times

Posted by obchili 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 0:22

Hi there. I was just wondering if there is a general timeline on a Jonah 7 Pod or White Bhut Jolokia to set fruit? I am a first year grower and just got these seeds. I am in Manitoba just north of Minnesota, germinated the seeds and they are just planted yesterday and today. There are no sprouts yet, but was just wondering if there will be a chance at getting at least a pod or two. All of my other peppers are out and about happy in their trays and cups, and range from 2" - 12". Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bhut Jolokia And 7 Pod Jonah Pod Times

Do you intend to grow outside? If so then you will be amazingly lucky to get any pods at all. People who germinated in January are looking for fruit in late August at the earliest (though sometimes the odd pod will show up in July). You're three months behind them.

If you are set up to move inside before first frost, then it's another story.

Dennis

o

Yes, all intentions are for outdoor only plants, as that is the only place I have for it. I was kinda worried about that. I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope for global warming here! I know that my uncle grew for the last couple years until late September. I have a couple of extra seeds left for next year. Thank you.

o

Pot them up in very small pots. This may increase the chances of early flowering and podding.

o

Alright then, this potting may be the only way to do this then. Smaller pots would be an option, as I was only thinking of 6 gallon pots. Thank you all.

o

I am just south of you in St. Paul Minnesota. You are several weeks behind most likely but keep going. I started my seeds the first week of march and have some with 3 sets of leaves and some that just sprouted. Last year I started seeds a few weeks into march and I still got lots of peppers on most plants.

I will be starting even earlier next year (Feb 1st) after I finish an indoor grow room. But I have had good success rates starting the superhots in march. (Scorpions, Habaneros, Ghosts, etc.)

Just plant extra seeds so that you can take the heartiest, fastest growing, seedlings outside.

-UPucker

o

Yeah, forge ahead!

When you get down to the end of the growing season (i.e. the start of the next Ice Age), you may discover that you can find room inside for some of your precious babies after all.

Go for it! Dam the scrats and their acorn lust! Full seed ahead!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here