Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Costa Rican Sweet Pepper

Posted by sworegonjim 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 0:29

I am looking for someone who has eaten/grown a red Costa Rican Sweet Pepper. They look good.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Costa Rican Sweet Pepper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Costa Rican Sweet Pepper

I have not grown them, but have eaten plenty that a friend has grown. He gets pretty good yields for a large pepper, and the flavor is great for grilling or for snack trays. My fave is to slice them up and have them next to carrots and broccoli with ranch.

o

i am from costa rica. if you are going to grow them make sure they are planted in good drainage soil with at least six hours of sun a day. we use them many ways just like the bells in the usa and the grill is another good way to have a taste. sometimes ours grow much larger than the ones in the photo. personally i think the larger the pepper the less tastee. your choice. good growing and happy eating.

o

They appear to be Capsicum Annuum. Do they taste like a Bell Pepper? Or have they a taste of their own? Is it strong or weak?

Rudy

o

the ones in the photo taste mild like the green bells we used to purchase in usa. mild and sweet for a pepper. i have a hunch that the green bells in the states would turn red if left on the vine longer.

o

Hey all, thanks for the info. I have been out of town and this is the first chance I got to GW in a week.

My sister found one of these plants at a nursery in central Illinois. The store owner told her the peppers were delicious, but hadn't caught on yet in the USA. He gave her the plant for $1.00 as he couldn't sell it. I suspect people were afraid it would be hot. She has it planted at home and is looking forward to getting some peppers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here