Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
almost caught up with the gardening work - or maybe not

Posted by scotty66 8 Hutto TX (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 1:20

It's feeling like June outside, instead of April, seems like Texas got an early start to the spring season and no one told me.
All my plants are now outside and the garden is planted and growing like weeds. I have a fence/barrier partially slapped together to keep my dogs out (they love tomatoes), it will need some reinforcing.
I also need to do something to keep the tomato plants upright. I am thinking I'll try a trellis this year, the cages last year couldn't handle the weight.

in containers I have:
6 Naga's (courtesy of Bruce)
4 chiltepins
1 habanero

In the garden I have:
3 jumbo jalapenos
3 habanero seedlings from a store bought habanero

other assorted plants are:
garlics
red onions
green onions
chives
radishes (going to seed for fall planting)
basil
cilantro
cucumbers
tomatoes (big boy, cherry, beefsteaks, striped, black, roma)
water melon
pumpkins (neighbor donation)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: almost caught up with the gardening work - or maybe not

My twin Nagas... thought they looked cool, figured I'd give them a chance and see how they grow.
Photobucket

vendor tag says "worlds hottest habanero"... we'll see about that!
Photobucket

chiltepins took awhile to get started... (back right might be another habanero... I need to start making tags)
Photobucket

the 3 jumbo jalapenos (garlic and red onions are off to the side)
Photobucket

o
last photos _ mostly veggies

15 tomato plants, along with more onions, cilantro and basil on the edges.
they grow a couple inches a day... I'm in trouble if I don't get those trellises in this weekend.
Photobucket

A quick shot of my attempt at irrigation.... cut up a garden hose and a soaker hose and spliced them together so that they hopefully water the beds.
Photobucket

almost forgot... my pumpkins, watermelons and compost pile.
Photobucket

o

Looking good! Good luck with the season!

o

Wow...looks like you are way ahead of the game! I'm doing good on everything but the peppers. I thought I was the early bird planting in March.(dumb newbie) I learned very quickly I'm not early....I'm way behind! Good luck with those plants. They look great from where I'm sitting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here