Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Follow up on my Ghost's.

Posted by Evowrex Melb, Aus (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 2:47

Hey there.
I posted my ghost peppers a while ago, about 4 days ago they started ripening. Here's what they look like now. (The one that looks red, isnt red. It's a dark orange but the top is red, my phone's camera has a problem with redness.
Let me know if everything looks alright, or if something's wrong.
I will post more photos in the comments!
Thanks guys.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Follow up on my Ghost's.

Small

o

Big one has a whole in it. doesn't go all the way through but does anyone know the culprit?

o

I'd say it's a pest that changed it's mind after the first bite...

o

I agree w Tom on the last pic... I have problems with pests boring into my cherry tomatoes right now, but it looks like they stopped mid-chomp when they got a hit of the pepper!

o

Maybe pepper weevil. Have no idea what you have down there as fae as pests. Too bad... pull it. It will rot before it ripens.

As far as the orange color, More waiting! A good more couple weeks.

Kevin

o

I'd leave it on or pull it and try to let it ripen more fully inside. Even if the rot at the spot starts to spread you will still have a lot of meat to use or dry.

Or pop it in the fridge to delay both ripening and rotting.

When there are so few pods you accept pods that you wouldn't were you flush / overwhelmed with them.

Dennis

o

Should I pick the little one soon? Or should I leave it?
Cheers guys!

o

Either way. It looks almost ripe and will last longer in the fridge. I think I see a soft spot at the tip. Is it really there?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here