Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjohansen_gw

Peppers!!!

cjohansen
11 years ago

I'm so excited I can barely sit still. My growing frame is really overcrowded so I've lost overview a bit. As I was looking through some of my nicest plants today, I discovered that one of them is basically loaded with peppers! :D

{{gwi:1161112}}

{{gwi:1161113}}

{{gwi:1161114}}

Comments (16)

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Congrats. I'm sure you'll be enjoying those soon!

Tim

• jifjifjif
    11 years ago

excellent, CJ. That IS an exciting time!

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Yep, several popping already and lots of buds and blooms for more.
    I hope you can pot that thing up pretty soon to a full time summer pot.
    Bruce

• TColl
    11 years ago

That plant is small but beautiful!!! congrats.. elegant flowers etc... looking forward to seeing the full pods.

• don555
    11 years ago

Strange, no pictures show up for me...

Congrats on the success, and I hope the weather is good to plant them outside soon!

• cjohansen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wish I could throw them outside for proper conditions, but alas I have to wait another month. This weekend I'm expanding my setup by one more frame with 3 30W CFLs (I have two frames now). Hopefully that will allow me to pot up some plants and get some light to the lower foliage. A couple of my plants are starting to get very tall but still very weakly stemmed. Plants are so crowded most plants only ever see light on the top leaves :(

How do you guys deal with overcrowding? I'm sure I can't be the only one growing way more plants than can really fit anywhere? I remember Bruce saying "most of us go with more room and more plants" :)

• northerner_on
    11 years ago

Congratultions!! I'm so envious...up here in the north my seedlings are just a few inches tall. We are having a rather long winter.

• cjohansen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@northener_on Thanks! I'm in the north as well, Norway. Still a little bit of snow on the ground, today I think I spotted the sun for the first time in a week, so it may be turning spring real soon :)

The plant in the picture is inside in a cramped grow box, so I was a bit surprised it set fruits already.

• cjohansen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's how cramped it is.

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

WOW CJ that's a lot of peppers, all looking real good. Yeah you need that third grow area. They are looking great and as we saw even producing peppers. Great job! post another pic once you have them spaced out more.

Mark

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

What a nice chili jungle wow great nice job.

Caelian

• cjohansen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just spent about four hours moving plants, watering, and extending my growing rig. It's now occupying a significant part of my office... :)

The three new lights are only 4000K (old ones are 6100K). They were about 1/3 of the price, and I suspect it doesn't really matter. We'll see. Now the plants at least have a little space in between them, allowing light to reach the lower foliage (at least a little more than before).

{{gwi:1161115}}

{{gwi:1161116}}

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Sounds like some nice work going on for those peppers. I think those lights will be fine. Pics?

Mark

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Hey they did not appear for me until just now. Strange. But awesome looking job though. They setup looks great and so do the peppers.

Mark

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Incredible!

Josh

• daisydawnny
    11 years ago

Nice plants! Green with envy! Moved half of mine to the greenhouse, survival of the fittest!

Sponsored