Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My babies (Pictures)

Posted by tn_veggie_gardner 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 8:26

First two pics are of some of my California Wonder Bell & Golden Marconi seedlings & last pic is all of my Habanero seedlings (Chocolate Hab, Jamaican Hot Chocolate & Carribean Red). Let me know what you think, please. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My babies (Pictures)

Lookin' good!

I'm in the process of hardening mine off right now.

Josh

o

Everyone looks very happy. Keep us posted.

o

Beautiful little plants. They look very healthy. :)

o

Thanks, all! =) A few of the Golden Marconi's are starting to bud now. Yay!

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve's Garden

o

Hi tn,

They look really good.

What date did you plant the seed. How tall are they?

Do you know the temp that you grew them at?

o

That is exactly what my little pepper babies look like, and we are in the same zone so I'm guessing that's a good sign! Not that I was worried or anything... *wink wink* Good luck! :D

o

Northern: Seed-in-dirt date was somewhere in the first week or so of March (would have to look up the exact date). I sowed them with a heating pad underneath (and some CFL light after they germinated to keep them warn & cozy) in a room with an average temperature of about 68-70. They took the normal 7-14 days to pop through, some came quicker due to the heating pad love...lol. The Habs are about 3-4 inches tall, on average. I need to pot them up soon, as they have deffinitely now outgrown the little 3 inch seed starter pots. :) The GM & Bell's are about 6-8 inches tall, on average (some bigger). I used Pro Mix seed starting medium.

Taira: Awesome!!! I'm excited about having a lot of peppers this year.

o

Thanks tn.

I started mine pretty much the same way and had about the same germination time. Started on March 7. They were kept at 60 degrees after 1st true leaves and are about 5" tall now. Just put into 4" pots this week. Mine were in 4-pack trays and were a little rootbound. Should have transplanted a week ago. Still 4 weeks before they can go outside here in northern MN.

o

Looking great! Do you mix your own soil?

o

Wow, they look great!
Thanks for showing the pictures.

o

Thanks again, all. :) They are getting much bigger. Gotta get the Habs out of those 3 inch pots very soon.

pacey: This year I used ProMix seed starting mix (ordered online). For their normal mix, afterwards, I use a generic Professional Mix of sorts. It has worked pretty darn good for me over the past few years. Has pine bark fines, peat, perlite, dolomite & one or two other ingredients. Only $6.85/2.5 cu ft. bag, too! =)

- Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here