Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curled Leaves

Posted by chilliwin 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 11:18

I am looking for help for my Scorpion Moruga Blend Yellow and Tabasco. The problem is the curled leaves. I thought it was "thrips" but there is no eggs or any insects under the leaves. No aphids.

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend Yellow:
 photo IMG_1616_zps01cc06f7.jpg

Tabasco:

photo IMG_1615_zpsfbcf6988.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curled Leaves

Caelian, I have one tabasco plant that has one curled leaf just like yours pictured above. My plant is in a 5-1-1 soil.

o

Hi Jifjifjif, thank you for the post. So many hours I have been looking for information about this problem by Googling but I cannot get much useful information. I have three plants have this problem.
Caelian

o

It looks a calcium deficiency to me, try some cal-mag+ in your nutrient solutions.

Here is a link that might be useful: youtube link to calcium deficriency

o

Tyle6, thank you for the link. I think so, it would be calcium deficiency. Today I gave fertilizer + super thrive and tomorrow I would like to spray Epsom salt.

Caelian

o

Epsom salts really only contain magnesium, unless the problem is calcium uptake lockout due to lack of mag. in the soil they wont really help. you could try washed and ground eggshells or ive heard of people using dissolved tums even.

o

eggshells won't break down fast enough to make a difference.

o

Agreed that it appears to be a calcium deficiency. Took me a bit to figure that out on my superhots as well last year but supplemented with Cal-Mag and they thrived. That's all I really needed to give them once in a while. I agree that eggshells won't break down fast enough and won't provide enough for superhots. Anyone know of a more "natural" supplement like boiling eggs in vinegar water, grinding shells and watering with that? I thought I had read about something similar.

o

• Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 0:59

Had this discussion last season.

My plants grew out of it without eggshells, tums or any other calcium supplements.

Just good old Tomato Tone and some patience.

Here is a link that might be useful: curled leaves

o

Thank you all for your suggestions, opinions and very informative links.

Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here