Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Italian Roaster Pepper

Posted by noki (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 12:11

Bought a couple 'Italian Roaster Pepper' tagged plants.

Is this a real cultivar or just a generic name? The printed tag says they have a little spice. Are these really considered to be a hot pepper? Or maybe just similar to a 'Cubanelle'?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Italian Roaster Pepper

Based on a quick web search, I would hazard a guess that it's a generic name for a hybrid.

o

Tomatogrowers has one called Italian Roaster II Hybrid.

Here is a link that might be useful: Italian Roaster II Hybrid

o

I bought an Italian Roaster Pepper plant Spring 2013, and LOVED how it produced. Cannot find it in any seed catalogs or on the web....found the IR II Hybrid that was mentioned above, but really want to be sure that it is what I grew last summer. I bought it at a Fred Meyer, so trying to locate it via the purchaser for the big chain might be impossible. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this variety, and whether or not you think I might find it again? Thanks....

o

I've been growing Giant Italian Roaster variety for years but this is an elongated bell type, often 8" long, with no heat. There may be a similar variety with heat but I'm not aware of one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here