Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
euarto_gullible

Infinity Chilli hotter than Bhut Jolokia?

euarto_gullible
14 years ago

Does anybody know more about these peppers?

Here is a link that might be useful: Infinitiy Chilli beats Bhut Jolokia record

Comments (15)

• cyrus_gardner
    14 years ago

As claimed, infinity is just 2.5% more firey than bhut jolokia.
    No big deal, or what the heck is the difference; they will both set the fire for ever.

• reyna1
    14 years ago

sounds like someone crossed a bhut jolokia and calls it infinity pepper, so in essence it is the bhut jolokia.

"He and his friend Matt Simpson, 38, bred the Infinity in a greenhouse by crossing existing varieties and hope to market the seeds later this year. "

Sounds like a marketing ploy to sell bhut jolokia crosses to me.

• juicyj
    14 years ago

Yea you can totally tell from the picture its some sort of bhut hybrid....hey I'm not complainin though, the hotter the better. Bring it on! I'd try it!

• smokemaster_2007
    14 years ago

Looks like a 7 pot type pepper.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

juicy: I dare you to eat one whole! ;-)

• cyrus_gardner
    14 years ago

I dare you to eat one hab whole nevermind bhut.
    Unless you are an INDIAN.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

or Thai...they can eat hot peppers like i've never seen!

• juicyj
    14 years ago

oh theres no need for a dare....im young, and im dumb...hah....ive eaten a few bhuts whole....and i have videos up on myspace of me and my friends eating habs whole....we do that just for shats n giggles.
    I used to take in a glass case full of devils tongues, bhuts and habs to work everyday just in case i could get someone to eat one with me....haha.

• romy6
    14 years ago

My wife is Mexican and she eats my habs raw all the time. It hurts me to watch. She loves the pain .

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

juicy: Come on with the links to the YouTube vids! =)

• ajijoe
    13 years ago

im growing about 12 Infinity plants this year i guess im going to find out if they are indeed hotter, i have eaten enough Bhuts now so i have a good starting point

stay tuned

thanks Joe

• smokemaster_2007
    13 years ago

It's been beat allready. LOL
    Link below.

The infinity had troubles being consistant and had problems putting out fertile seeds.
    Not a Stable hybrid in general from what I've read.

Naga Viper is another Hybrid of 7 pot,Scorpion and or Bhut/Naga I think.
    A guy is in the process of having his Scorpions and 7 pots tested -so I've heard.
    I think for a non hybrid a Douglah will beat most anything out there if anyone ever tests them.

It's all about seed and sauce sales.
    These guys are selling possibly unstable hybrids and laughing to the bank at a buck a seed+ and $$$ for a couple oz. of sauce.

Here is a link that might be useful: naga viper

• jolokster
    13 years ago

I will also be growing the infinity this year.I agree with smoke though,the douglah is the hottest I've tried.The stomach discomfort was insane!I haven't tried the Butch T scorpion or the brain strain yet,but I will be growing these two also this year so I can't wait to compare them all to each other.

• ribsyhuggins
    13 years ago

you are all babies compare to this woman
    when comes to eating peppers

Here is a link that might be useful: woman eats 51 of hotest peppers

• smokemaster_2007
    13 years ago

From what I read somewhere else she also rubbed a Bhut in her eyes either before or after doing the record setting.There is a Utube video out there of it.
    She says she was born without being able to get fried by capspaciun(SP?).
    Bhuts aren't the worlds hottest anymore but for her it probably doesn't matter.
    Douglah's are smaller pods so she could probably eat more of them in the same period of time.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21