Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Infinity Chilli hotter than Bhut Jolokia?

Posted by euarto_gullible 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 10 at 14:48

Does anybody know more about these peppers?

Here is a link that might be useful: Infinitiy Chilli beats Bhut Jolokia record

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Infinity Chilli hotter than Bhut Jolokia?

As claimed, infinity is just 2.5% more firey than bhut jolokia.
No big deal, or what the heck is the difference; they will both set the fire for ever.

o

sounds like someone crossed a bhut jolokia and calls it infinity pepper, so in essence it is the bhut jolokia.

"He and his friend Matt Simpson, 38, bred the Infinity in a greenhouse by crossing existing varieties and hope to market the seeds later this year. "

Sounds like a marketing ploy to sell bhut jolokia crosses to me.

o

Yea you can totally tell from the picture its some sort of bhut hybrid....hey I'm not complainin though, the hotter the better. Bring it on! I'd try it!

o

Looks like a 7 pot type pepper.

o

juicy: I dare you to eat one whole! ;-)

o

I dare you to eat one hab whole nevermind bhut.
Unless you are an INDIAN.

o

or Thai...they can eat hot peppers like i've never seen!

o

oh theres no need for a dare....im young, and im dumb...hah....ive eaten a few bhuts whole....and i have videos up on myspace of me and my friends eating habs whole....we do that just for shats n giggles.
I used to take in a glass case full of devils tongues, bhuts and habs to work everyday just in case i could get someone to eat one with me....haha.

o

My wife is Mexican and she eats my habs raw all the time. It hurts me to watch. She loves the pain .

o

juicy: Come on with the links to the YouTube vids! =)

o

im growing about 12 Infinity plants this year i guess im going to find out if they are indeed hotter, i have eaten enough Bhuts now so i have a good starting point

stay tuned

thanks Joe

o

It's been beat allready. LOL
Link below.

The infinity had troubles being consistant and had problems putting out fertile seeds.
Not a Stable hybrid in general from what I've read.

Naga Viper is another Hybrid of 7 pot,Scorpion and or Bhut/Naga I think.
A guy is in the process of having his Scorpions and 7 pots tested -so I've heard.
I think for a non hybrid a Douglah will beat most anything out there if anyone ever tests them.

It's all about seed and sauce sales.
These guys are selling possibly unstable hybrids and laughing to the bank at a buck a seed+ and $$$ for a couple oz. of sauce.

Here is a link that might be useful: naga viper

o

I will also be growing the infinity this year.I agree with smoke though,the douglah is the hottest I've tried.The stomach discomfort was insane!I haven't tried the Butch T scorpion or the brain strain yet,but I will be growing these two also this year so I can't wait to compare them all to each other.

o

you are all babies compare to this woman
when comes to eating peppers

Here is a link that might be useful: woman eats 51 of hotest peppers

o

From what I read somewhere else she also rubbed a Bhut in her eyes either before or after doing the record setting.There is a Utube video out there of it.
She says she was born without being able to get fried by capspaciun(SP?).
Bhuts aren't the worlds hottest anymore but for her it probably doesn't matter.
Douglah's are smaller pods so she could probably eat more of them in the same period of time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here