Chocolate Naga Am I crazy?

Posted by camelotshadow 9bCA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 14:55

Got a Chocolate Naga plant today.
Interested in any comments about it.
I'm new to Bhuts Naga. Scorps, devil Tongues, Trinidads
which are all new var.

What is a Chocolate Naga?

My fav is the Carribean Red Hab & don't need any more heat but I am curious.
I also grew a unkown last year that was hotter than a hab & looked different. Still don't know what the heck it is but its burn lasts 20 minute of pain. It is currently 2 feet yr 2 & covered with blossoms.

I'm also interested in a Manzano as I like the purple flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chocolate Naga Am I crazy?

Here is Chocolate Bhut Jolokia ( another name for it)I grew a couple of years ago--extremely hot.

o

Gosh that is ugly...LOL

I never know with this nursery if anyone switches the tags or its crossed.
Guess time will only tell if its that ugly hot beast
Looks like dried leather.

I did get a RED MANZANO today as it will be a cooler pepper & love the purple flowers.

My every day peppers are the Carribean red.Love em & been growing them many years & they are nicely hot just right for me.

that unk I got last year is way hotter than the CR.
I'm wondering if a CR crossed with a bhut or devils tongue as there are just a handful of peppers that will blow the Carribean reds away.

Center Green chocolate hab, 1 oclock red black hungarian &

6 to 9 oclock unknown red pepper

o

Thats got to be some really big pods or the smallest cutting board I've seen in a while. LOL

There are also other brown Bhut/Naga crosses out there too.
Habalokia among others.

If you want seeds for Yellow,Orange or red Manzanos send an E Mail,we can probably work something out.

o

Yes, you are crazy! As are the rest of us, if only there was a place on the web for us all to congregate and talk about our addictions... OH WAIT!

Can't wait to see your results!
E

o

LOL

Think its a small sushi block 5 inches square which I just use for chillies so as to keep the fire quarantined

LOL

Thanks I have a red manzano plant to take the place of the purple hungarian as its just no that thrilling

LOL

o

Is a Chocolate Naga the same thing as a Jamaican Hot Chocolate?

o

No, Jamaican hot Chocolate is a habanero type

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here