Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy coconut coir bales?

Posted by pkapeckopickldpepprz z9 a/b FL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 07 at 15:30

I bought one of those cocunut coir bricks for propogating and seeding and it works great. I want to be able to get a 2.8 compressed bale and the bricks while they expand to about 1/3 cu ft I'd prefer the bale to de-compress to about 7 cu ft. I saw a website showing a bag, but not for sale. Someone has to sell these and I'd prefer not to buy from a hydroponic place if possible.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy coconut coir bales?

I know that Worm's Way sells them in their stores but I am unsure about online. I think the only place you will find them is probably in hydroponic stores. Just out of curiousity why do you not want to buy them from a hydroponic store?

kendra

o

ardneck, if I am paying by credit card I wouldn't trust them. I called a few hydroponic stores when I was looking for super thrive and they seemed shady. Glorified drug dealers supply shop, no thanks.

o

http://www.griffins.com/pdf/catalog/2007/by_pages/145-160.pdf

page 157 has coir used in mixes. They used to list the % coir. I thought the 360 was 40% coir. But you should ask them.

o

Koreyk, thanks, The Metro Mix is good stuff I use it for my potted plants, I need the pure coir though.

o

you can get coco coir bales through amazon.com.

o

Thanks so much! Shipping is a little high but at least I can get bigger quantities.

o

Try here-
http://www.gardeners.com/Coir-Mulch-Block/default/StandardCatalog.NewVegetableGardening_Cat.36-567.cpd

o

This guy has omri certified best coco coir you can ever find, very high quality, my plants and me thank him for this. His rate are very competetive too.
Here is his business address::

Www.cosmiccoir.com
Email: info@cosmiccoir.com

Hope this helps!!!
Laks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here