Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need seeds! Anyone who can help??

Posted by sharlacher000 none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 16:54

I'm looking to buy seeds from online. However, this is my first time buying online. if anyone knows what some reputable dealers are online, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need seeds! Anyone who can help??

What kind of seeds are you looking for; Mild, hot, super hot?
I suggest avoiding ebay regardless of what you're looking for.

o

The Hippy Seed Company has good reliable seed for some of the rarest nuclears around at very reasonable prices.

o

Agree that The Hippy Seed Company is a great source.

Also, the following sites get very positive reviews:

chilepepperinstitute.org
pepplelover.com
peppergal.com
tomatogrowers.com

In addition to avoiding ebay, I've seen more negative reviews for reimerseeds.com than good ones.

o

I have ordered from tomatogrowers.com and peppermania.com and have no complaints, whatsoever.

o

Oh yeah, the CPI over at NMSU is the absolute best, most reputable place out there. Only problem is their selection. They have a lot of unique stuff that they have made themselves, but its not so great for getting some of the more oddball general peppers.

No Butch T's or Douglahs from NMSU, sadly.

o

Ditto on Chile Pepper Institute and Tomato growers. I was tipped off to Midwest Chileheads by Smokemaster and their seeds are inexpensive, ship for free, and arrived in my mailbox 2-3 days after I placed the order.

o

There are also SASBE offers and trades.
PM me...

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 23:32

I have some Naga ???? seeds that you can have. Just email me an address. You can email me from my member page.
Bruce

o

www.pepperlover.com

Judy is great. I wanted to add some seeds to my order but it had already shipped and Judy was so kind to send the seeds at no extra cost. Shipping is fast too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepper Lover

o

I have used pepper Joe. No complaints and I received some free seeds with my Naga order.

o

Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 1:12

Yah, seems pepper joe has an abundance of Naga seeds.
Bruce

o

I am late on this one, but I was going to ditto Bruce here...
Seems like Pepper Joe sends out Naga seeds no matter what you actually order.

o

Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 11:26

I hate to bash anyone, but for over a year I had promoted PepperJoe when the subject came up. THen, I later find out he sent me incorrect seeds. Which I understand happens from time to time even from the best. But when I contacted him about it, I got a very cold shoulder in response.

So, probably dozens on this list have had good luck with him but my one and only experience was not good and just like when someone does me right, I talk about it. I do the same for anyone that does me wrong.

I just feel that when you PAY for seeds from an established vendor, you should expect to get what you PAY for. If not, a dismissive attitude is not the correct response when you contact them.
Bruce

o
RE: I need seeds! Anyone who can help???

No doubt esox. I can see getting seeds mixed up happens at times. Luckily my Naga's were correct. Ive never had an issue with pepper Joes. You might have caught him on an off day. He's always been warm and nice when I have communicated with him.

o

• Posted by llaz z6 ma (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 15:09

In addition to the great recommendations already mentioned, I can recommend www.chileseeds.co.uk. Even though they're in the UK, they have an excellent selection, many that you won't find anywhere else. Very reliable company that I have used for a number of years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here