Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keeled Treehoppers

Posted by jesse_2008 ZONE 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 17:16

My pepper plants have these black spiny critters on them I've searched on the web and found out that they were called keeled treehopers. They have caused mega damage to my peppers, is there any remedy that i can use to take care of this infestation. Any suggestions would be of great help. I'll post some pictures if those guys are photogenic. Let me give it a try. Thanks
Jesse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keeled Treehoppers

Photobucket
Photobucket
Here are those creepy crawlers. Has any one ever had a problem with these guys or seen them. They caused major damage to my peppers and I don't know how to get rid of them, Don't know if they laid eggs in the soil. I'm growing in containers. Thats why I'm thinking of just pulling the plant out and starting over, PLEASE HELP ME HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

o

Omg! I'd be running the other way!! They are so freaky looking. Sry, I know nothing about these.

o

Not had to deal with them. here's a discussion on another forum

Here is a link that might be useful: treehoppers

o

I am pretty new to growing peppers from seed but I have done a lot of reading and research and this is the first time I ever thought I would need to add a shotgun to my growing accessories.

o

They insert their eggs into the stems of the plants they infest.

Try direct hits of insecticidal soap, diluted according to label directions. Repeat as needed.

o

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 0:35

And if that doesn't work. Both barrels with bird shot might be the best bet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here