Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dead cells on leaves

Posted by SproutingLexi 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 17:32

Although these are not hot peppers, but just regular bell peppers, I figured that you'd be able to help me out here.

I recently noticed one of the plants developing little holes in the leaves. At first I thought something is eating them, but I didn't find any bugs. Now I'm wondering if it is something that I might have splattered on the plant or possibly some kind of a disease. Please take a look.

Oh and it seems that another plant next to it is getting affected (both are bells). The plants seem to be doing well otherwise. Blooming nicely and setting some tiny little fruit already.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dead cells on leaves

here's another one:

o

Probably earwig damage (those pincher bugs). They make those small holes in the leaves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Earwigs

o

ooh, thanks for the link, very useful. I love it how gardener's sometimes have this sixth sense about things. I was just pondering the situation this morning and was wondering if I should move them to a different spot (not as crowded, more sunny). It seems that the bugs don't like the more sunny and open spaces, so that may actually help.

I'll have to try making a trap or two as well.

o

I go with the Earwig too. Not too bad when the plans are grown.

o

I see, thanks a bunch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here