Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheezdoodle12

Is this windburn or frostbite?

cheezdoodle12
11 years ago

I put my peppers outside again this morning.. for a little hardening off, but a little more time went by than I wanted. Today was windy & low 40's.. probably not a good idea to put them outside.

A few of their leaves are really wilted now.. they seem to be bouncing back since I brought them in a few hours ago. Should I prune the wilted leaves back? Is this windburn or frostbite?

Thanks,
Laura

Comments (4)

• jean001a
    11 years ago

Keep the leaves as long as they are green because the plant needs them!

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

could be either or none of the above. It is hard to tell from the photo, but it could also be sunburn if they were in direct sunlight even with the low temps. If it is sunburn, they will get a grayish tinge on the lower leaves within a day or two. But I definitely don't think 40's was a good idea for plants that were likely used to a constant 70 degrees up until today.

Regardless, I don't think you killed them and likely they will bounce right back with little to no lasting affect.
    Bruce

• tsheets
    11 years ago

At this point, I'd just leave them be. Overall, they will all recover just fine. If you loose a couple leaves, so be it. But, I wouldn't take action.

• don555
    11 years ago

I would call that windburn. It's very minor and isn't going to set the plants back. Just don't do it again ;-)