Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thirsty_dirt_77

Advice needed...

thirsty_dirt_77
10 years ago

I have a combination of 21 pepper plants that I have been growing for a few months and as soon as the evening temperatures are more consistent they are heading out to the greenhouse. I've got some Thai Dragon, Habenero, Hungarian Hot Wax, Jalape�o, Anahiem and some sweet red pepper.

They currently live in the basement where the temperature is on average about 62F but they are under grow lights that create a decent amount of heat, and our whole house has relatively low humidity, it's 27% in the kitchen right now. The lights are on a timer so they get 16 hrs of light daily. I put a fan directly on them for about a hr everyday and they are close to a ceiling heat register so that aids in the circulation....

They were potted up a few weeks ago and have done fabulous since. Yesterday I gave them a healthy drink of water and seaweed fertilizer at 30% the normal concentration..... And today I noticed this....

I'm hoping its not powdery mildew. I rubbed the underside of the leave with a black sock and there was no white stuff.... The top of the leave looks fine unless you look closely and then you can see/feel small bumps. When you look through the leave from the underside it's as though the leave is transparent.

The pictures are of the Thai pepper but I have noticed this on a jalape�o as well... There is also one jalape�o where the lower leaves are yellowing but I'm not concerned about that... Just that I would add that just in case :)

Any comments or suggestions on how to remedy this would be appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor