Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowing leaves

Posted by richiesails Ny (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 22:11

These hot peppers are bailey piquin. How do you guys think there looking. Just moved them today into cups. Previously they were in peat pots. For starters. A little concerned cause some leaves have been turning yellow before i transplanted. Looking forward to hearing from the forum thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowing leaves

Maybe they can use a little dilute nitrogen?

This post was edited by Trilliam on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 3:31

o

How often do you water the soil looks very wet. Nitrogen can be the issue but overwatering causes yellow leaves and is more likely the cause. What type of soil are you using?

Mark

o

I uses miracle grow potting soil. I feel like when i don't water alot they start wilting and when I got them with water they come back.

o

MG usually has enough fertilizer for 3 months be sure to check the package to be sure. You can either water when you see signs of the leaves beginning to wilt/droop or see how many days it takes from when you water to leaf wilt then water on that schedule until the enviorment changes ie going from indoors to outdoors then you will have to adjust when you water. I like to let the leaves droop before I water and it keeps me out of plant trouble. It does work here are my plants and I let them dry to the point I see slight drooping before I water. Also started hardening them off. I also use MG Orchid mix and MG Organic choice and have not added any additional ferts just what comes with the soil and bonemeal but that won't be plant useable for a other 5 months.

Mark

o

Make sure they are not wet at the bottom. Use a wooden skewer or chop stick or something. The top could be bone dry and the bottom be a marshy mess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here