Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with my Jolokia (W Pics)

Posted by takahirosg (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 2:03

Hello all,

I hope someone will be able to solve my problem. I have been growing my jolokia from seed in a 100% vermiculite media. Watering with chilli focus fertilizer(pic below) every 2 to 3 days. 18hrs under T5 fluorescent lighting, plant tip is about 5 inches away from lighting. I have been facing this curling issue for a few days and the leaves have a slight yellowish tinge. Please advise.

DSC02430

DSC02420

DSC02428

DSC02431

DSC02434

The distance from the light source
DSC02437

DSC02453

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with my Jolokia (W Pics)

Vermiculite holds a lot of moisture and doesn't offer very good drainage.
Have you examined the roots on your plants?

The fertilizer looks good, especially since it contains the minor nutrients.
Are you fertilizing at full strength? I would use a 1/4 strength dose if fertilizing
more than once a week.

Josh

o
RE: Need help with my Jolokia (W Pics)

Hi Josh,

I guess now i will check the roots and prick it to a more balanced growing media. Yes, i'm feeding it at full strength. I will follow your advice and use a 1/4 str dose. I will update pics.

Taka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here