Fatali:

{{gwi:1168449}}

Scorpion Butch T:

{{gwi:1168450}}

Caelian

Comments (15)

• don555
    10 years ago

OUCH! That must have been some major sunburn!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Caelian at least they are making a comeback. They will do just fine. They are still outside in the sun right?

Mark

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes of course it was major sunburn. They were very healthy seedlings, to see their stem I feel :(. I did not expect they will be bounce back.

Caelian

This post was edited by chilliwin on Fri, May 17, 13 at 7:26

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    10 years ago

Wow, Sunburn? That is scortched earth. I have never seen a case so bad that all the leaves and half the stem shriveled up and died. Glad to see they are bouncing back. Maybe they will come back stronger than ever. Sure looks like good healthy vigorous shoots coming out of the stems.
    Bruce

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Caelian:

All the more reason to NOT remove suckers. ;)

Good luck.

Kevin

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes Mark they are outside in the sun and cold night they do not get further damage now.

Sunburn and cold night are the cause they suffered a lot. Some of the young plants have gone. These plants teaching me a good lessons and save the others.

I hope so Bruce, they do not have problems the sun and cold night and expected they will grow faster.

Well Kevin, I understood :).

Because of all these damaged plants I saved many plants too. The climatic condition here is getting better and they are growing faster.

{{gwi:1168451}}
    {{gwi:1168452}}

Thank you all.
    Caelian

• Phildeez
    10 years ago

That last pic is a winner, Caelian! And I think those plants will bounce back just fine. Had you already topped them or was that a result of the sunburn? I think you will find them to be extra bushy and productive once they regrow. I did not top any peppers because I got a late start this year but last year the ones that I topped produced significantly more than the un-pruned plants.

10 years ago

Beautiful plants Caelian! I can never get mine to look so "pretty." and blemish free. So, you must be doing something right. Are they all in an enclosure?

Kevin

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Progressing nicely :-)
    There are some folks that strip their plants of leaves to induce a flush of new, sun-acclimated foliage. Here, the sun performed the experiment for you. All the plants are in excellent health it looks.

Josh

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Phildeez, the last picture is Black Pearl. Some of my plants got extra bushy and many of our forum members said it is good and will be productive. I prune the plants a bit when they have damaged leaves and shoots. I do not have much experiences of growing chili, I have learned from here.

Kevin, they are still in the enclosure of horticulture fleece. I am a bit concern about the strong wind and sunlight. The wind is sometimes 15 to 25 mph, it damages the leaves.

Josh, I have learned a lot from you and others without all of your help I cannot do it properly.

Thank you all for sharing.

Caelian

10 years ago

Caelian:

If you're looking for pretty plants, then leave them enclosed. If you're looking for strong, productive plants, you got to get them out there in the elements.

They look big enough -- if you're worried about sunburn, get them out in partial shade for a couple hours, increasing the sunlight and time exposed each day for a week or two.

Just my opinion.

Good luck.

Kevin

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kevin, thank you for your opinion. I always welcome feedback, opinion and criticism. I would like to grow my plants with you all.

Soon I will remove the fleece.

Caelian

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Updates:

{{gwi:1168453}}

Most of the plants in the growing bags have gone, I think cold night killed them.

Caelian

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Nice maple, too! ;-)

Josh

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Josh.
    Caelian

Sponsored