Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amunk01

To those who prune blossoms in the beginning...

amunk01
9 years ago

Hello all, been lurking on the hot pepper forum for the last year, so I guess I should say hello!. This stuff is addictive! And thank you all for all the info! Last year was my first year but I only grew jap, serrano, and cayenne peps. This year I have upgraded to 12 different varieties (not including sweet), but my question is... For those who prune the first sets of flowers, how big should I allow the plant to grow (lets say height-wise) before I discontinue clipping buds? Initially I allowed a Jamaican yellow and an anaheim to set peppers, but I have noticed a significant difference in plant growth in the plants I clipped buds off of so I have been pruning blossoms ever since on all the other plants. All are growing in 5-15 gallon containers in a homemade 5-1-1 or 5-2-1 (pine bark fines/peat/perlite) . All seed was started somewhere between 1/16-3/7 this year. Ive been watering a very diluted fert in since true leaves formed every two weeks. Just wondering how big, is big enough to stop cutting the blossoms off? Today will be the first day all the plants get to move outside permanently in my zone/climate. Youre opinion is much appreciated! Thanks !

Comments (2)

Sponsored