Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chilliwin

Mystery leaves

chilliwin
10 years ago

It looks normal but I do not know whether it is really healthy/normal plant or not.
{{gwi:1168456}}

The leaves have spots, they are more visible when the lights are behind it. Normally these spots are almost invisible.

{{gwi:1168457}}

It is not only one leave but all of them. Is it some kinds of disease or sign of nutrient deficiency or characteristic of this variety?

The plant is Blue Mystery.

Thanks in advance
Caelian

Comments (4)

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    10 years ago

caelian:
    THe first photo makes the plant look completely normal and healthy. The second photo does show some yellowing but I would not get overly concerned. I think we all get a little paranoid about our little pepper plants. I would keep an eye on it and just let it work its way through it at this point. I am looking forward to see what my "Blue Mystery" winds up doing this summer and comparing it to yours.
    Bruce

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bruce, this is my first time I have grown this variety. The seeds I got from pepperlover.com. I think it is a wild chili.

The leaves are very thin, flower buds are also very small. It has grown very weak from the beginning. These small yellow spots made me confuse about its health. I have only this one.

Now you are able to confirm your plant is Blue Mystery that's great. Just I tried to help you to confirm your plant is Blue Mystery or not visually by comparing with my plant.

The climatic condition here is not so good for growing chili outside. I am really tired of moving around my plants.

This season is experimental about the medium, the characteristic of the different variety chilies and container size for me.

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend, 7Pod, rocoto de seda and Black Pearl are the best and very easy to grow for me. Ghost and Aji Amarillo are the most difficult one I had experience.

Now I have been doing experiment soil recipe 3:2:1 (3 parts pine bark fine, 2 part peat moss and 1 part perlite) to find the right medium for the climatic condition here. The result is positive. I also use cat litter instead of perlite. The roots like cat litter I think :-)

I have watched your 5:1:1 preparation that's nice. Thank you for your contribution.

Good luck and happy growing.

Caelian

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Updates:

{{gwi:1168458}}

{{gwi:1168459}}

She is really wild and very tough. I put one layer of nutrient rich potting soil about 2 inches again, it is really benefits to the plants.

Caelian

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The leaves were not a problems I was a bit worry, it had grown very well. I overwintered the plant if it dies I will buy some seeds from pepperlover again.

According to the pepperlover.com, blue mystery plant grow 5 feet tall and 4 feet wide it is true.

August 25, 2013

Overwinter November 25, 2013

Caelian

This post was edited by chilliwin on Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 11:03