Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dechierro

sauce recipes

dechierro
12 years ago

HI FELLOW CHILLI HEADS

i would like to know how to make sauces from habaneros to tabasco sauce in fact any sauce .if anyones got a good sauce recipe please put it here for me thanks.

Comments (8)

• romy6
    12 years ago

I make a salsa that is easy. I usaully start out with 6 medium maters( base ball size) . As may peppers of any kind. I usally put 5 or 6 habs, couple jalapenos, or what ever is fresh( some cubanelle ). Then I add celantro,lemon pepper,dried cayenne,salt, dill,cinamon sugar,fresh garlic,splash of apple cider vinegar,cup of water, mustard seed, parsley. I blend it all up and boil it for about 15 minutes. Jar it up and refriderate. I always keep refrigerated just to be safe. We put in on everything.

• Phildeez
    12 years ago

I have not made it yet, but have plans for an epic habanero MUSTARD, ohhh it sounds so good!

• dechierro
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks romy6 i am going to try that as is sounds lovely.
    phildeez i will be waiting for you recipe .
    guys keep posting recipes

• brien_nz
    12 years ago

Annie's Salsa (Brien's version)
    Here is my version of Annie's Salsa. Annie's original version uses fresh tomatoes and is for 8 times the quantity-good for using that flush of ripe tomatoes (and peppers). She finishes with the boiling water bath method so that the jars will have a good shelf life. This version takes advantage of the very good quality and cheap tinned tomatoes available here. I usually make a double quantity as it gets eaten very quickly!
    400g tin Italian Plum tomatoes, , chopped
    1/2 onion (90g) chopped
    1 small green pepper (90g) chopped
    1/2 jalapeno (12g) chopped finely. Remove seeds and ribs for a milder salsa.
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 tsp salt
    1 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander (best) or Italian Parsley; stalks and leaves!
    2 tsp sugar
    1 Tbsp (20ml) vinegar
    1/2 cup tomato paste

Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil, boil 10 minutes. Pour into hot jars.
    Refrigerate.
    (I usually put ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, cover and cook on sensor reheat, stir and continue for 10 minutes on 50% power).
    Brien

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    12 years ago

Here is a damn good one, IMHO:

THICK & SWEET HOT SAUCE

8 oz red ripe bell pepper
    2 lbs moderately hot ripe red peppers (jalapeno/serrano/gusto green etc.)
    12 oz red ripe Anaheim peppers
    1 cup Blues Hog Sauce (or other sweet BBQ sauce)
    2 cups white vinegar
    1 cup cider vinegar
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    12 cloves garlic, minced
    2 small yellow onions, coarsely chopped (about a pound)
    1 7-oz can chipotles in adobo
    3 Tbs chopped ginger
    2 Tbs black pepper
    4 tsp plain salt
    2 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp mustard powder
    1 20-oz can crushed pineapple
    4 oz lemon juice

Core and seed the bell peppers, and chop coarsely. Remove stems from other peppers and chop coarsely, leaving seeds and cores. Combine peppers with all other ingredients in 6 quart or larger stock pot and bring to boil (with good ventilation). Reduce heat and let simmer, covered, one hour, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.

After simmering, puree all ingredients. A good immersion blender will be adequate, or use a blender or food processer.

Bring sauce back to boil and pack in sterile jars. Cover, let cool and refrigerate.

Makes about 4 quarts.

• romy6
    12 years ago

Yummy sounds delightful.

• User
    12 years ago

FIRST: Put a clean set of underwear in your freezer. Don't ask why. You'll understand later.

SECOND: I take no responsibility for any harm caused by following this recipe.

Jolokia Mango Sauce

Ingredients

1 Tbls. olive oil
    4 mangoes - peeled, cored, diced
    1 small onion - chopped
    1 Bhut Jolokia chili pepper pod - stem removed and chopped**
    1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
    2 Tbls. tomato paste OR 1/4 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup sugar
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add mangoes, onion and one, two, three, ??? Jolokia pod(s). Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until onions are soft and translucent.
    2. Add lemon/lime juice, tomato paste/ketchup, and sugar. Simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes.
    3. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
    4. Pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add pure Mango Juice in small amounts until you achieve a thick but still runny texture.
    5. Season with salt and pepper.
    6. You can chill until ready to serve or re-warm, good both ways.

** Always use gloves when handling hot peppers and was hands immediately afterwards.

• sjon
    12 years ago

Exceptionally easy (but very effective!!) recipe for a habanero sauce. Lets the habanero flavor shine trough nicely. I find the garlic and habanero work together synergistically.

5 habaneros seeded and deveined (please use very fragrant habaneros)
    4 large cloves garlic
    200 ml white vinegar
    4 large tablespoons ketchup
    2 large tablespoons sugar
    2 teaspoons salt

Put all ingredients in blender and liquefy (or blend until smooth)
    Heat mixture on low heat for 15 minutes.

Finished!

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21