Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for peppers

Posted by eetchickn 7a Frdrcksburg (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 8:27

Does anyone know where to purchase superhots in the central Va. area (Richmond, Fredericksburg)? I put the few I had out a little early and they are stunted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for peppers

If you are willing to do mailorder, Cross Country Nurseries is a favorite around here.

A little pricey, but you get a great variety of healthy plants to choose from, 12 plant minimum.

Shipping from Central NJ to VA ought to be a cakewalk for them at this time of the year too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cross Country Nurseries

o

Agree with sjetski, they are a great option. I think they are taking orders until 5/27, though I imagine their stock may be getting low, so you probably want to get an order in soon.

o

Another option is Susan aka The Chilewoman. She's been in business for over 20 years and has lots of loyal followers.

Peppers, Tomatoes, Tomatillos

$4.00 ea, six plant minimum.

$3 handling fee

$20 shipping.

Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: The Chilewoman website

o

Also bakerspeppers.com

ccn is the best though. just saying

o

I know none of the big box stores carry anything hotter than an Habanero, but I was able to find a Naga at a local nursery last year. So, you just may want to call around locally.

Good luck.

Kevin

o

Bonnie Plants (in all the big box stores) habanero "World's Hottest Habanero" is actually an African fatalii, an extremely hot pepper that is a prolific producer. The super-hots may be hotter, but are slower and later producers.

Best of all, less than $4.

o

I've more then enough plants to share --and I'm more then willing to ship if you give them a good home. Bhuts, Butch T, Carolina Reaper. You name it...just about . Everyone said how hard it was to germinate...so I planted a few extra...and every one of the darn things grew...and I can't kill them....sooooo Throw me an e=mail. Patrioticcrafts@aol.com I'm about 5 hours south of you so they should do alright in the mail.

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here