Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good places to buy seeds

Posted by easypi none (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 10:04

Hi everybody,
I was on the point to buy seeds from pepper joe for a budget of $150.
After googling the name I came to this website and I have read many messages of experienced people that say to avoid pepper joe.
Others suggested other sites some are specialized in tomatoes or other vegetables.
But the majority of these messages are outdated
From your personal experiences, please tell me what are the websites for hot chili pepper seeds
NB: I'm not talking about any advertisement but just your personnal experience.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good places to buy seeds

please list which pepper varieties you're looking for.

you'll find many members of this forum, myself included, will happily give away seeds for free (we generally have lots to spare).

so, what's a good place to get seeds? right here!

o

The guy lives in Algeria.
Postage could suck big time.

I'd avoid Pepper Joe if I was you...

Rainbow Chilli seeds has a cool collection,Tomato Growers is also OK.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rainbow Chili seeds

o

As @smokemaster_2007 said I live in Algeria (southern part of the mediteranean) and we only have two varieties of peppers (cayenne and bull's horn).
Therefore, there are a lot of varieties I don't know well and want to have fun growing them.
Jalapeno, Habanero, piri piri seem to be Ok to begin with.

Also if you know a good place in Europe that sells good quality peppers It will be easier for shipping.

Thank you :) !

o

The Scandinavians especially seem to be into peppers. Check out fatalii.net and fataliiseeds.net.

Enjoy!

o

Try "Pepperseeds.eu", "Nicky's-Nursery.uk", even the "theChili Factory.com" in Au.

A lot of vendors willing to ship to your area. I just Googled a few for you.

o

i personally would second the fatalii.net. Very nice service in my opinion.

o

Thanks to all of you for your contributions.
I think that I finally made my choice.
It was a pleasure to come here and find friendly people on this forum.

Once again thank you.

o

Welcome aboard!

I sent some seed to Hungary last season, and it was just standard postage...a couple American stamps. Maybe I got lucky...?

Josh

o

easypi,

You don't have email turned on in your profile page. If by chance you are checking your post, send me an email via my profile page (jus click on ottawapepper at the top of this post). I can set you up with a few interesting varieties.

I've successfully sent seeds to Eastern Europe, South America and Australia in the past. I'm willing to give the Southern Mediterranean a shot ;-)

Bill

o

another place

Here is a link that might be useful: semilas la palma

o

I second semilas la palma. I've ordered from Semilas for a couple years now. Peters prices and shipping are very resonable.

o

Yeah, Josh makes a good point. If you ship First Class Letter, then postage to Timbuktu isn't bad at all. It's when you start shipping packages that you have to mortgage the children.

You can put a lot of seeds in a "letter".

Dennis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here