Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmramos_gw

Pathology ID on pepper leaves

lmramos
9 years ago

Hi,
I'm new here and was hoping someone might have come across something similar to what I'm experiencing. I'm growing pepper plants in my greenhouse, started in late march, and includes different varieties including: nardellos, purple beauty, lipstick, ancho, serranos, king of north, king crimson, orange bell, pastilla, jalape�os, cayenne, and peace work pepper. A few days ago I started seeing small patches of discoloration on new leaf growth, like the green had been rubbed out of the leaf. There is no yellowing and it's sporadic on the leaves. I see no aphids or bugs on the plants but I'm starting to see more and more plants affected everyday. My greenhouse does have other plants such as tomatoes which a few had alfalfa mosaic virus from seeds that I had saved in the past. I isolated those tomatoes and destroyed them over a week ago. The leaves from the tomatoes were quite different with leaf distortion and white mosaic pattern, so I don't think it's the same virus. I have quarantined the peppers in the corner of the greenhouse with some remay so bugs can't spread it if it's a disease. Anyone seen something similar? All my seed is from reputable vendors and I sterilized all my containers with bleach this year. I normally try to water the soil but occasionally on really hot days the plants are so dry that I water during the hottest time , trying to avoid the leaves but there is always splashes.

Sponsored
Unparalleled Design & Dedicated to Quality in Loudoun County