Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
t_bob

building hoophouse/greenhouse-spring 2012

t-bob
10 years ago

Hi folks, i was asked the other night at a party my step by step way I built my hoop/green house and so i uploaded the film from last year as i built it....not the whole process, but enough to see how to build the skeleton at least. For the covering i used a product that is double layer of visqueen with nylon string criss crossed in between the layers, I got it at a lumber yard and is used in building construction for what i am not sure. It is strong stuff and does not easily rip like just plain visqueen will. The thing that will take this from being a floppys moppsy structure to a rigid grow house are the two down guy boards that are added, and of course the T-post make it strong for the first 4+ feet. This is 12 x 20 feet and 7 feet or so tall. If i did it again, i would make it with a hoop every 5 feet. The other thing is where I live we only get snow every year or so, if you are in a snow area, you might want to add even more hoops or a larger diameter.....I used only 1/2" pipe because that is what i had on hand. If anyone has any questions then feel free to contact me. It sure is nice to have a steady structure i can stand up in, wind doesn't take it down, and I can have me a chair in there for nasty days. OK, enjoy and i hope you like---Texas Bob

http://youtu.be/5j6n1wKMBSE

Comments (2)

Sponsored