Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seriously this wait is killing me

Posted by pollace 3a (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 11 at 14:40

Ever notice how waiting for the first pods to ripen up seem to take FOREVER? Almost everything I'm growing this year I've never even tried before. I'm so eager to test these guys out. This is what I have growing in the office:

Anaheim
White Habanero
Thai (which is now approaching the 4 ft. tall mark in an 8" pot)
Royal Black
Red Manzano
Lemon Drop
7 Pot
Bhut Jolokia
And one unknown, C. Annuum with conical peppers, like 4-5" long and 1.5-2" wide at the shoulder.

Two other projects are watermelon and dragonfruit.

So let me just say the Manzano is the craziest pepper I ever did grow. It's a total rockstar, it has leaves bigger than my hand and the plant just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's so unique as well with the fur and the purple flowers.

Lemon Drop was soooo slow after it came up it didn't grow for probably a month and a half then all of the sudden it got a growth spurt and is catching up to all the rest.

Royal Black is a beautiful plant, it had full sets of branches when it was only 6" tall. Really nice with the purple flowers and upright peppers.

The white hab is setting pods left and right now, I'm impressed with it's output compared to my orange hab that I grew a few years ago.

The anaheim is the only pepper I have had the pleasure of eating so far. It was delicious, with that low undertone of heat.

Of the superhots, the Bhut still hasn't set a pod yet but after the last failure I had with them, this year is looking much more promising. The 7 has one pod started and I can't wait to try it.

This is a 100% indoor, soil based, natural light grow. We are fortunate enough to have a massive glass roof section running the length of our building. All seeds were germinated near the end of december (seems kind of slow actually).

Hopefully they don't keep me waiting much longer!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seriously this wait is killing me

You are so lucky to have such a setup! In fact that may be a new goal in my dream home.

You should post some pictures, I would love to see the Manzano.

o
RE: Seriously this wait is killing me

you are lucky to have plants that are flowering! i have one plant that has 1 pepper and 1 flower. all the others are too small to even think about flowering! hopefully we can keep up the low 70's and sunny so maybe they will grow some!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here